Airplay stops after few minutes

Core Machine

Nuc i10 with ROCK updated (Version 1.8 build 790)

Network Details

Router Linksys WRT3200ACM updated (1.0.8.199531)
Both Nuc and player connected through ethernet

Audio Devices

B&O A9 1st Gen connected through ethernet

Description of Issue

Playing with Airplay works fine for about 3 - 5 minutes, then stops. I can press play again in roon app but then it stops again after 3 - 5 minutes.
I have no Mac device at home so I cannot try Airplay with anything else

A post was split to a new topic: Trouble with playback stopping with Android and Windows

Hi @Martin_Zecher

If you play to a different endpoint does the same issue occur or is this limited to only Airplay?

Only with AirPlay. Or with the B&O I should say since I have no other AirPlay device to try. Streaming to my roon ready Gato Audio DIA250S or to my tube amp connected directly to the core or to a bridge works perfectly.
Last two days it has worked better than the previous week. I think it plays an average 2-3 hours before stopping. Sometimes it happens after few minutes, sometimes after 6 hours but it always stops at some point.

The problem fixed itself after a few weeks without changing anything in my side, so maybe a silent update did the job. However, I find disturbing receiving no support from Roon in 1 month. You should provide premium service when you charge premium price.

1 Like