Airplay stream Playlists & Radio - Roon stops when the next song has different format

That´s it. When streaming to an Airplay Zone, just with airplay, not with Raat, if the next song on a playlist or with radio ON has a different format -for example going from 44.1 16b to MQA or viceversa- player stops.

I just use TIDAL, no local files at all.

When all songs in the playlist share the same format, MQA or 44.1 / 16B, there is no problem, continuous play works ok.

Help please?

Thanks @support

Thanks for sharing your report with us, @kursaal!

May I ask that you please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

In addition to the setup details above, may I ask that you also confirm the following:

• Just to confirm, this happens with all Airplay zones, correct?
  • When did you notice this behavior? Has it always happened or is this a recent experience?
  • Have you tried rebooting the Core machine, networking hardware, and airplay endpoints?

Regards,
Dylan

1 Like

Hi and thanks for your quick reply Dylan. My setup is core connected via ethernet to Internet and the airplay speaker, Audiopro C5, connected via wifi (2.4gHz).

Answers to your points:

1: I just have one airplay enable speaker,the C5.
2: I realized about the problem three days ago cos I played a mixed format playlist. I use to listen to abums, not playlists, so don´t know how old is the problem.
3: yes

Anyway, after the last Roon release with Chromecast support -Thanks a lot for it, really well done!!!- I´ll beggining using my chromecast audio instead of the airplay support of the C5 speaker: better sound and more versatile- so now I´m not worried any more about the airplay problem with my system related to mixed audio formats in playlists.

A note: I tested mixed audio formats playlists with chromecast audio and everything works as it should: no stops, for example, when going from an MQA song to a Redbook song or viceversa.

Anyway, thanks a lot and, really, congratulations to all the team that makes Roon such a great audio software, ecosystem.

Hi, just added an audio pro C5 to my system using airplay (wireless) and have the issue of stopping described above. I need to test further to determine if it is format changes that cause the issue or if it happens to all other airplay endpoints. It plays a whole album fine. Core is ROCK/NUC7i7 on a fully wired system, apart from this new Audio Pro device. No Tidal.

1 Like

Thanks for reaching out @Anthony_B!

When you get a chance, these tests would be great data points for the team to know. Have you noticed any other patterns in when Roon stops playing? How frequently would you say this occurs?

Thanks,
Dylan

A post was split to a new topic: Airplay stops when the format is changing