Airplay stuttering

I am mostly happy with Roon when my equipment is used a DACS but I have a Dac that broadcasts on Airplay and I can’t get it to work without it stuttering when using Roon. When using iTunes directly, no such problems. I also get the same issue with my Marantz AVR SR 5012 so I know it’s not only the Oppo Sonica Dac that has this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello @Jon,

Please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

-John

Thanks John for your quick reply.

Sorry for being late with your request. I moved my Roon Server form one machine (Windows Server 2016) to a NUC using Win10 and believe it or not, the Airplay stuttering is gone so wondering if the server where Roon was initially running caused this stuttering issue.

Let me know if there is anything else I can provide you with that could help you finding the real root cause except that I won’t be able to test the server configuration since Roon server is now off that machine.

I haven’t tried the Marantz connection again, I’ll test that to see if this is also cleared.

My current configuration is:

Intel NUC running Win10 and Roon Server.
Network settings:
Apple Extreme Router with LinkSys smart switch with half of the 8-connections going to one room and the other to another room, everything is hard wired (1Gbps).
The only time I use WiFi is with the following:
iPhone
iPad
Marantz AVR SR5012
LG Oled 4K TV
Oppo UDP-205 BluRay/DVD player
with those I am using the Apple Extreme router 802.11.ac connections (all of my devices are 802.11 ac compliant).

If you have any more effective ways of wiring my network/roon server and components, let me know or point me to some articles you have available.

Hello @Jon,

I appreciate the update! I’m glad you were able to get things working. One bit of information that would be helpful to know would be if the NUC is connected to the same port on the same switch or if it is connected at a different location on the network.

-John

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.