Alarm Clock Extension stopped working

(Bart Maguire) #1

I have the Alarm Clock extension v 0.7.2 which has been working up until today.
This morning the alarm did not happen. On investigation I find I cannot edit any of the alarms or add a new one.
I have restarted the core and I have restarted the machine it is running on and I have restarted the remotes.

Roon Extension: Alarm Clock v0.7.4
(Jan Koudijs) #2

You are running the extensions on a QNAP, right?

Does the Alarm Clock extension still appear in the extension overview in the Roon Settings? What happens when you press the Settings button?

It might help if you can provide a screenshot.

(Bart Maguire) #3

Yes, it is on a QNAP.
I restarted everything, including the QNAP.
Here is the screenshot:

After I make a change to one of the alarms it looks like this, but never changes:

(Jan Koudijs) #4

The screenshots are helpful.

So when you select Save you get the animated Roon icon and it never finishes. Can you cancel this by pressing outside the Settings dialog?

I haven’t seen this before, so I’m guessing here, but it might be caused by corrupted settings or an invalid character in the settings. I initially thought that the special character in the station name (RTÉ Lyric FM) could be the cause, but I added it to one of my internet radio stations and I could not reproduce the problem.

Let’s try to get our hands on the settings file. Can you get a command prompt on the container via Container Station or can you get ssh access to your QNAP?

(Bart Maguire) #5

I can cancel this by clicking outside the Settings dialogue.
You asked whether I could get a command prompt on the container.
I did this and I renamed the config file. Then I opened the extension again and recreated the alarms, they saved and worked.
Unfortunately Container Station did not keep the renamed config file when it recreated the new config file. I had done a cat of the file which was still in the terminal, so I think this is what it looks like:

{                                                                                                                                                                                                   
    "settings": {                                                                                                                                                                                   
        "selected_timer": 3,                                                                                                                                                                        
        "alarm_count": 5,                                                                                                                                                                           
        "profile": "Bart",                                                                                                                                                                          
        "timer_active_0": true,                                                                                                                                                                     
        "zone_0": {                                                                                                                                                                                 
            "output_id": "17012cb993c7e730eeb54c2c2671a98bedcd",                                                                                                                                    
            "name": "Beoplay M3"                                                                                                                                                                    
        },                                                                                                                                                                                          
        "wake_action_0": 1,                                                                                                                                                                         
        "wake_day_0": 9,                                                                                                                                                                            
        "wake_time_0": "07:00",                                                                                                                                                                     
        "wake_volume_0": "60",                                                                                                                                                                      
        "transition_type_0": 0,                                                                                                                                                                     
        "transition_time_0": "3",                                                                                                                                                                   
        "transfer_zone_0": null,                                                                                                                                                                    
        "repeat_0": true,                                                                                                                                                                           
        "source_type_0": 3,                                                                                                                                                                         
        "source_entry_0": "BBC Radio 3",                                                                                                                                                            
        "config_rev": 4,                                                                                                                                                                            
        "timer_active_1": true,                                                                                                                                                                     
        "zone_1": {                                                                                                                                                                                 
            "output_id": "17012cb993c7e730eeb54c2c2671a98bedcd",                                                                                                                                    
            "name": "Beoplay M3"                                                                                                                                                                    
        },                                                                                                                                                                                          
        "wake_action_1": 0,                                                                                                                                                                         
        "wake_day_1": 9,                                                                                                                                                                            
        "wake_time_1": "07:05",                                                                                                                                                                     
        "wake_volume_1": 100,                                                                                                                                                                       
        "transition_type_1": 0,                                                                                                                                                                     
        "transition_time_1": "3",                                                                                                                                                                   
        "transfer_zone_1": null,   
        "repeat_1": true,                                                                                                                                                                           
        "source_type_1": 0,                                                                                                                                                                         
        "source_entry_1": null,                                                                                                                                                                     
        "timer_active_2": true,                                                                                                                                                                     
        "zone_2": {                                                                                                                                                                                 
            "output_id": "17018afb7e643d761b8d19f04f64370050a0",                                                                                                                                    
            "name": "Squeezebox Touch"                                                                                                                                                              
        },                                                                                                                                                                                          
        "wake_action_2": 0,                                                                                                                                                                         
        "wake_day_2": 0,                                                                                                                                                                            
        "wake_time_2": "10:00",                                                                                                                                                                     
        "wake_volume_2": 100,                                                                                                                                                                       
        "transition_type_2": 0,                                                                                                                                                                     
        "transition_time_2": "3",                                                                                                                                                                   
        "transfer_zone_2": null,                                                                                                                                                                    
        "repeat_2": true,                                                                                                                                                                           
        "source_type_2": 0,                                                                                                                                                                         
        "source_entry_2": null,                                                                                                                                                                     
        "timer_active_3": true,                                                                                                                                                                     
        "zone_3": {                                                                                                                                                                                 
            "output_id": "17018afb7e643d761b8d19f04f64370050a0",                                                                                                                                    
            "name": "Squeezebox Touch"                                                                                                                                                              
        },                                                                                                                                                                                          
        "wake_action_3": 1,                                                                                                                                                                         
        "wake_day_3": 0,  
        "wake_time_3": "19:00",                                                                                                                                                                     
        "wake_volume_3": "60",                                                                                                                                                                      
        "transition_type_3": 0,                                                                                                                                                                     
        "transition_time_3": "3",                                                                                                                                                                   
        "transfer_zone_3": null,                                                                                                                                                                    
        "repeat_3": true,                                                                                                                                                                           
        "source_type_3": 3,                                                                                                                                                                         
        "source_entry_3": "RTÉ Lyric FM",                                                                                                                                                           
        "timer_active_4": false,                                                                                                                                                                    
        "zone_4": null,                                                                                                                                                                             
        "wake_action_4": 1,                                                                                                                                                                         
        "wake_day_4": 7,                                                                                                                                                                            
        "wake_time_4": "07:00",                                                                                                                                                                     
        "wake_volume_4": null,                                                                                                                                                                      
        "transition_type_4": 0,                                                                                                                                                                     
        "transition_time_4": "3",                                                                                                                                                                   
        "transfer_zone_4": null,                                                                                                                                                                    
        "repeat_4": false,                                                                                                                                                                          
        "source_type_4": 0,                                                                                                                                                                         
        "source_entry_4": null                                                                                                                                                                      
    },                                                                                                                                                                                              
    "roonstate": {                                                                                                                                                                                  
        "tokens": {                                                                                                                                                                                 
            "a3d7f0a5-2235-4e79-bc6b-b57059a6bea5": "5d3adf94-4a4c-46a5aa08-098e419bf789",                                                                                                         
            "2dce4bf1-c9c3-45c2-aca7-e8ad92081857": "2816c8c9-5dab-40c5-9b32-19b0d00043f7"                                                                                                          
        },                                                                                                                                                                                          
        "paired_core_id": "2dce4bf1-c9c3-45c2-aca7-e8ad92081857"                                                                                                                                    
    } 

One thing that immediately stands out is the profile name - I had just linked to my last.fm account which changed my Roon profile name. The old config file has my original profile name. Could this be the problem?

(Jan Koudijs) #6

You tracked it down!

I manually changed the profile name in my configuration file and got the behavior that you described. With a non-existing profile name in the configuration there is a dash in the profile dropdown and if you select an existing one then you can save again.

I will see if I can fix this in a future update.