Album and artist art not displaying

Roon Core Machine

Windows 11

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I’m on 2.0 B1182. Starting about two or three builds ago artist and album are quit displaying. for artists i get initials, for albums a grey square. this does not affect playback. I waited to see if new builds would solve this, but the problem persists. This is for my local albums as well as for Qobuz. This happened when I was on W10, now i’m on W11 it is still happening. at first, when i clicked on albums under my library the structure of the page would paint then the album art would flash up and be replaced with grey. same for artists. reading support topics, I recently cleared image cache not the art does not even flicker up. When using RoonArc the art is present.

Thanks for your support

App updated on iPad 2 days ago, now no album art showing.
Anyone else experiencing this.

Hey @Jim_Young,

Thanks for your patience while we work through each thread! Following up here, are you still running into issues with images loading?

If so, can you provide more details around your network setup, and how your core is connected to your router?

When in doubt, I would test hardwiring your core directly to your router, restarting it and seeing how things run :+1:

I’ll be on standby for your reply

Ben,

Thanks for being in touch.

I have Roon running on a W11 NUC I7-10710U CPU @1.10GH, The NUC is otherwise used only for incidental web browsing. I use an Aries G1 as an endpoint. I connect with Roon android and IpadOS apps for control. I have also used the new RoonArc apps.

The Aries G1, android and apple devices all display art correctly, it is the Roon interface on the host machine that suddenly would not display art any more. This happens directly connected to router or WiFi connected.

I have been using Roon for about a year with this same configuration. I take every update as they come out. This happened on some subsequent update after Roon 2. Sorry, I did not keep track of which one - I assumed it was a temporary glitch that would be sorted on another release.

Thanks for your help, Jim

Hey @Jim_Young,

Thank you for the additional information! After reviewing your diagnostics a bit more, we’re seeing many network-based errors between your core device.

Since you are using a Windows NUC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

In addition to this, are you running any additional security-based software on the core device? I would add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

Let me know how the above goes :+1:

Thanks for the suggestions. I already had roon.exe punching through my firewall, but i didn’t even know RAATServer.exe was on my system. Once I found it and added that to my firewall exceptions everything started working again.

Thanks again for the help, Jim

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.