Album art disappears after I add albums from TIDAL and Qobuz to library

This started happening after I upgraded to Roon 1.7 (build 677). When I add albums from TIDAL or Qobuz, Roon take a longer time than usual, often triggering the “adding is taking longer than usual” message. Then the album art disappears.

I’ve tried clearing the cache and restarting, and also allocating maximum memory to images/photos. No change. Please help?

In my experience this tends to be a sign that the network connections to external services are just running slowly. This might be an issue with your ISP or a problem with any of the service endpoints (Qobuz, Tidal or Roon servers). I know when I added Tidal as a second service it got worse. I don’t think it’s a Tidal issue specifically, more just that I’ve added a third point of potential slowdown.

Thanks. Perhaps you’re right, but what can I do about it?

Any thoughts from Roon technical support?

You haven’t posted in the support category so they won’t have seen the post.

I’ve moved your topic to the support category.
In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

2 Likes

Hi @Alex_Halberstadt,

Can you please provide some information regarding your Core and network?
What kind of operating system is the Core using?
What is the model/manufacturer of your networking gear?
Do you have any issues starting playback or just adding albums?

1 Like

Thanks for your response.

I’m running Roon Core from a Small Green Computer sonicTransporter i5 (running sonicorbiter 2.7). From there -> Ethernet -> GigaFOIL-INLINE Ethernet Filter -> Ethernet -> Sonore ultraRendu (running sonicorbiter 2.8) -> USB -> Uptone Audio ISO Regen -> USB -> Denafrips Gaia D-to-D -> I2S-C (RJ45 cable) -> Denafrips Terminator DAC.

1 Like

Hi @Alex_Halberstadt,

Thanks for those details.

Also, how are your DNS servers on the router set up? Are you using Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS? If not, you can try switching the DNS to see if this helps with the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.