Windows 10 Pro version 20H2, Intel Core 10700 @ 2.9GHZ, 16 GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Eero pro/ Tplink switch (Ethernet)

Connected Audio Devices

Manhattan II via network, IPad Pro and IPhone XS Max via WiFi

Library Size

52,000 tracks

Description of Issue

Album art is not loading sometimes on iPad and iPhones apps as they used to. This is happening since last version of Roon prior to 1.8.

Hello @Edu,

Thanks for getting in touch and letting us know of the trouble you’ve ran into. We’re here to help :nerd_face:

Could you please tell us more about how you’re experiencing this behavior? Is no artwork displaying on the remote devices? Is it missing for particular artists? The same artists? On what screen are they missing?

Could you please share some screenshots to illustrate the behavior?

Hi Rebeka,

How is it going?

Fortunately, today it seemed to get back to normal, but anyway I have taken a picture of yesterday’s problem that have been happening for quite a while.

The artwork was not being displayed on the ipad and iphone apps. Sometimes a lot of artwork, sometimes all of it and sometimes just one in a playlist that I have been listening, the home page also was not displaying anything no artwork of the CDS plus all pictures like the Daily Mix, etc, only the texts showed up.

If you need additional data please let me know.

Thanks,

Eduardo

Thanks so much for the quick and relevant reply :pray:

I was wondering if, when the issue reappears, you could:

• uninstall the Roon Remote app
  • restart the device (iPhone or iPad)
  • reinstall the Roon Remote app

Thanks a bunch :pray:

Hi,

I have done all you suggested above yesterday on both iPad and iPhone and nothing changed.

I just didn’t reinstalled the server. Should I?

Hi, it just happened again, now in the mac mini roon app

I reinstalled the Roon server and it’s scanning the files right at this moment, but I tried to listen one “My Mix” from Tidal and the art doesn’t show up. Could it be a Tidal - Roon integration problem?

Not sure it will be just a tidal/ Roon thing as I occasionally have had the same with Qobuz on my iPad mini4.

However it has ALWAYS been fixed by an ipad reboot so not sure exactly what else is going on with your problem unfortunately.

Hi, I checked the server, reinstalled Windows from scratch and all the drivers and the lan card was not working well (1GBps was delivering 10Mbps only), so I changed the cable to the onboard lan port and Roon is now fine again. Thanks for the support.