Album art gone after moving of database to another pc [Resolved]

After moving the Roon server database from a linux pc to a windows 10 pc almost all album art is gone.
I use a tablet for the Roon remote/control.
The database migration itseff gave no problems (trying to restore a backup made on linux to the Roon installation on W10 did not work)
I tried to give more memory to the graphics and also removed the cache on the tablet to no avail.
A few album arts are showing, one or two appeared after clicking to view the album.
In some other cases the field for the album art shows an icon ‘working’ (rotating part of circle) but that does not change even when waiting quite some time.
Only when viewing new info on Tidal the art is shown, where it has been viewed before (i.e. is in the library) it does not.
Any ideas what went wrong?

Hi @rdok ----- Thank you for the feedback and sorry to hear of the troubles. I understand based on the information that you’ve shared that the restoring from a backup did not work in this case. Can you outline the procedure you had used in light of this?

Information on the recommended procedure can be found here in our knowledge base.

-Eric

Hi Eric - Thanks for replying. I’ll try to explain what I did in more detail.
The aim was to transfer the db from a linux pc to a new win10 pc (intended to replace the linux pc as server for Roon)
The local music is stored on a NAS in the home network and more music comes from Tidal.
Control and remote is on a Android tablet
First I tried restoring a backup, made in linux, to the win10 pc. No success, probably due to the differences in OS.
Then I followed the procedure you pointed at in your reply.
That was succesful insofar that all tags, favorites etc are now accessible on the new pc.
However, almost all album art is gone; in the album and artist views, when looking at a specific artist or album etc.
Sometimes there is a spinning symbol indicating that something is tried to be loaded, but it does not come.
Some artwork is there, for no reason I can see. Less then 5% of the cases.
New artists/albums found on Tidal do show the artwork, not the ones I looked at before.
Once or twice, when looking at a specific album, the artwork popped up after a while and then stays visible.
As mentioned before, tried to solve it by increasing the graphics memory and clear the cache, but that did not help.
Also preferring album art by Roon or otherwise makes no difference.
I hope this describes the problem, else I am happy to answer more questions.

Rob

Hi @rdok ---- Thank you for touching base with me and taking the time to answer my question(s). Both are very appreciated!

Based on your feedback it sounds like something may have happened when the DB was copied from one location to the next. I would like to kindly ask you for the following:

1. Please provide a screenshot of the error you are seeing with the album artwork in Roon.

2. You mentioned the following:

“Sometimes there is a spinning symbol indicating that something is tried to be loaded, but it does not come.”

Please click the spinner and take a screenshot of the pop-up window.

1. Can you confirm that the Roon folder you had on the Linux PC is the same size as the Roon folder that now resides on the Win10 PC?

-Eric

Hi Eric,

Thanks for diving into this. I will answer your questions but am away from home until Thursday evening, so it will take a while.

Rob

1 Like

Hi once more Eric,

I looked at the Roon folder sizes and oops… apparently the copy was not complete. Most (mainly) jpg files were missing on the new installation.
Redoing the copy solved the issue completely.
Thanks for the help and sorry for bothering you - I could/should have checked this first myself!

Rob

1 Like

Hi @rdok ---- Thank you for the follow, happy listening!

-Eric