Album art very slow

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

BT fibre

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Devialet 200

Description Of Issue

The photo below explains it best . This is happening more and more lately . Album covers take an age to load .
Also sometimes if I skip a track it takes a long time to start playing the next track.
I can solve both of these issues by shutting down the app …ie swiping it away and re opening it, but this is not ideal

Can anyone point me in the right direction please

Hi @Womaz,

It looks like you are using the Roon app on an iOS device, is there any change in behavior if you try to reinstall the Roon app from the App Store?

Hi Noris
I have reinstalled the app many times in the past to fix other issues…so I dont think this is a suitable solution. This keeps reoccuring

Can anyone help me with this issue. Is this just something that I have to live with?
Do others have this issue?

What is your internal network. Just a BT router? Any switches etc? Is everything wired?

Hi Ged, yes its a BT router Fibre Broadband, speed around 55 to 76MB
All of the hifi equipment is hard wired to the router yes. This is one of the reasons i went for the Nucleus.
No switches

In settings, setup on the iPad what is the memory setting?

Sorry I do not understand what you mean. Do you mean in Roon or IPad settings?

Roon settings on the iPad.

It is set at 64MB

Try increasing that, say up to 512mb and see if it helps.
Mine is set at 2048mb.

1 Like

I will try this. Thanks for your help with this.

1 Like

Hello @Womaz,

Did increasing the album art size resolve the issue?
If the issue is still ongoing, does rebooting the Roon app help?

Unfortunately not
It doesn’t happen all the time just occasionally . For eg just now I have went into tidal and chose an album to listen to. It took about 14 seconds for the album to appear …so it’s not just the album art

Hi @Womaz,

Is the iPad the only Roon Remote experiencing this issue or do you have other remotes you’re seeing this on as well?

I only use the iPad

Just to check that you have rebooted your network as well.

Hi Ged
Yeah did that too. I think this is just one of the drawbacks of a music system based around streaming. iy runs smoothly most of the time, but then these issues crop up.

Do you just have the bt router or any other network kit?

Just the BT router