Album art very slow

I have looked at the instructions and I have managed to zip my logs…but I dont have Dropbox or any of the other ways you qoute.

My apologies for the delay, but my time is limited and I prefer to listen to music than be constantly on the forums seeking help. However I am now having more issues so i really need to find a solution to this.

Just to add this issue has got worse lately since I started using a wifi extender.
Skipping to next track can sometimes take a long time …the blue line running along the bottom of the screen …I will try and get a screenshot to show you what I mean

Hi @Womaz,

Thanks for sharing those screenshots!

I’m looking over the other thread you have open and it appears you are using Range Extenders in your setup:

WiFi Extenders have often caused issues in a Roon setup, which is why we recommend against using these kinds of devices with Roon in our Networking Best Practices Guide:

WiFi Range Extenders are a poor solution to the problems they attempt to solve, and we strongly recommend against using them for any reason. If you need to extend wireless access to a room and running a wire is simply impossible, a mesh network is a better option because it uses separate WiFi networks for “backhaul” (the connection back to the router) and for serving WiFi clients.

I suspect that the main issue here is due to the extenders and your WiFi signal not reaching the devices connected to the network properly.

I would agree with what the other users have mentioned, it would be much better to have your Nucleus and any Access Points connected directly via Ethernet to the router (and not use the extenders).

If connection to the router is not possible, then a mesh-style network like Orbi should bring an improvement.

Hi Norris I agree I don’t think they have helped the situation, but this thread was started in October , when I lived in my last property and there were no extenders in use

I have provided my screenshot as requested and I have zipped my logs …so I don’t want to just park this .

I am in the process of getting an Ethernet run into the living room and it may help but I had the above issues with this type of set up .

I have just had to reboot my nucleus again to find my Devialet amp.

Will you please look into these issues for me

Am I going to get help with this ?
Yes I am looking to get a network switch and hardwire the Hi-Fi gear , but that could be weeks away in the situation we find ourselves in

I have done the screenshots and zipped my files as requested so I would like some help please

PS if support is in short supply at present then just let me know , but it’s 3 days since I had a reply

Its now 7 days since I had a reply. This is getting a bit frustrating

Hi @Womaz,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here.

Can you please send me a new set of your Roon logs? I’ve just sent you a PM on where you can upload them.

How did the Ethernet run go, did you have a chance to test with the Nucleus connected directly to the router?

I have replied to your message.
The Nucleus is now connected to a switch . It is still having a few issues, but it is too early to draw any conclusions

The issue is still here tonight , skipping a track and it took ages to start playing the next track

Was that a Tidal track, or was it a local track?
Have you left the Nucleus set to use the BT DNS servers, or have you changed this setting?

It was tidal .
I have not changed the DNS as I thought hard wiring would solve this
Oh and I have no idea how to or what it entails …is there security risks etc?

I have been playing tidal all day in my office upstairs. No issues at all . Then I use it with roon and it occurs again.

Just to add it only occurred once, since then no issues .
I am honestly just thinking I will have to live with this

You shouldn’t have to live with it. There’s clearly something wrong somewhere. @noris - any thoughts on this?

I sent Norris the logs yesterday

A basic question maybe
If I am using my iPad as the roon remote then this is surely a wifi issue.?
No amount of hardwiring my components will help if it is a wifi issue ?

Also I have noticed something else .
My albums are in date order …always have been , sometimes when I go to my album screen it has sorted by alphabet …
Not sure if this is relevant

And again this morning , about 15 seconds to change the track