Album available on Tidal, but not through Tidal on Roon

@dylan I live in Seattle, Washington. If you are looking for information beyond that, something that is perhaps shown in my Tidal account, please let me know. I saw no other information.

Dylan,

I’m in Memphis TN and I also can’t find the album set “The Complete Riverside Recordings”.

When I search by the album title it’s not found. When I search by “Thelonious Monk” I see 4 albums which seems low and does not include the album set.

Tim

FWIW I see plenty of other Monk albums on Roon. I have 26 in my own collection and anther 56 are listed as “Main Albums.” This does not include “Appearances” or “With” others.

Hi @Geoff_Mirelowitz,

We looked into this, and it appears that the data we are receiving from TIDAL is telling us that this album is not available for streaming. We are going to reach out to them about this. Apologies for the inconvenience here.

Thanks. Please make clear to Tidal that the album (boxed set) most definitely IS available for streaming. I can and have listened through Tidal. I just can’t do so through Roon.

@dylan This is now even more complicated!

There is a different collection of Monk songs – also from the Prestige label – that is titled:

“The Complete Prestige 10-Inch LP Collection” It is available in MQA. I have had it in my Roon collection for months and have played it often. Today it will not play. However the sequence of what happens on my screen is bizarre.

I click on Disc 1 Play. I get the message: “This track is not currently available from Tidal”
Then a second message: “Too many failures. Stopping playback.”

In the bar at the bottom of my Roon screen showing what track is playing I know find Track #5 from that same first disc. I did not choose that track. It appeared there after the first track I selected would not play.

I click on Play and I get the same two error messages. Next the bar at the bottom shows the first track on Disc 2 of the collection. Again I did not choose the track that now appears. But again I get the same two error messages when I try to play that track.

In the end I am unable to play ANY tracks from this the 5 Disc set.

But…when I switch from Roon to Tidal, this set of discs plays with no problems. Just as the larger Prestige boxed set does.

In case you are wondering, yes when I first discovered this problem today I shut down my Roon core on my iMac and reopened it. The results were the same.

I sincerely hope you can find someone at Tidal wo actually knows what in the world they are doing with this music and will tell you honestly what it is.

@dylan

Is Roon still investigating the issue I raised above?

@Geoff_Mirelowitz

It appears my issues with not seeing albums for Thelonius Monk were due to the fact I did not have any of his albums in my library although he was the composer of a couple of tracks by other artists. I searched for “The Complete Prestige 10-Inch LP Collection” and found it and added it to my library and then when I searched for Monk again I found 70+ albums.

One odd thing, although I found “The Complete Prestige 10-Inch LP Collection” and was able to add it to my library and play it the album I added is the CD version. I did not see an MQA version. I’m in the US in case that matters.

I searched for “Thelonious Monk The Complete Riverside Recordings” again and found a CD version of it as well. Just added it to my library and am playing it now.

Hope you get your issues worked out.

Tim

1 Like

Thanks Tim. This just becomes more and more inexplicable. Today – unlike the other day when I posted – Thelonious Monk The Complete Riverside Recordings IS now available to me through Roon and I too am playing it. So that is progress. Is this change due to Roon’s inquiry to Tidal? @dylan can you respond to that question?

Meanwhile here is a screen shot that shows “ The Complete Prestige 10-Inch LP Collectionis clearly an MQA collection. (Or it was.) However it will not play in Roon as an MQA collection. (It did do so for months.) It will now play as a standard 44.1/16kHz FLAC.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Take Off: The Complete Blue Note Albums missing on TIDAL

Something is definitely wrong with the TIDAL / ROON connection. Several albums I play all the time are now getting an error in ROON: “Stopping playback. Too many errors.” and “Title not currently available on TIDAL.” But when I launch the TIDAl app and try, everything is there.

1 Like