Album cover art continues to disappear slowly but surely

I am new to computer audio. Roon is awesome. Set it up and all was well. A few weeks in and the album artwork no longer shows up for the cds I have ripped to my NAS and they initially did. I searched Dave Matthews Band and all albums showed up with cover art a couple of weeks ago now they do not. I get grey boxes with album names below. What am I missing?

Hi @Eddie_Vializ ---- Thank you for the feedback and my apologies for the troubles here. In order to accurately evaluate this issue properly I’d like to gather some information from you in regard to the equipment you are working with.

May I kindly ask you to please describe in detail, as seen here, your current setup. The more specific and detailed you can be, the better :sunglasses:

Thanks!
-Eric

Hi Eric and thanks for the reply. Getting this interface/equipment up and running took a little thought and planning but with Roon/Tidal at the helm it is most impressive. And fun! Here is my set up:

ASUS RT-AC68U router
QNAP TVS471 NAS w/120gb Samsung SSD (Roon core) and 3 WD 4TB red hard drives
50 ft cat6e NAS to 2 TPLink gigabit converters.
3ft fiber optic between converters.
6ft cat6e into microRendu.
Sonore supplied usb adapter microRendu to Auralic Vega DAC (usb output setting on DAC)
iPAD4 mini as Roon remote
140 cds ripped AIFF to NAS 4TB drive using XLD software on an iMac running Capitan 10.11.6
Set XLD to rip a copy to iTunes as well.
Roon trial being used at the moment. Tidal lossless account.

The only thing I’ve done so far other than ripping cds was add a “collection” to my library (jazz). I added a “latin” collection to impress my wife and later tried to remove it but it is not that easy using the iPad remote. While ripping cds, even if cover art did not display on the XLD interface upon completion the art would show up on Tidal. Searches of various artists on Tidal also came up with cover art always. I searched Dave Matthews Band last week and all of his cds came up with art. Two days ago the same search was cover art less. In place of cover art was a gray box with the cd name below. Then some of my ripped cds cover art dropped out. Yesterday the first page of DMB art showed up, when I clicked on view all, the rest were gray boxes.

Let me know if I left something out. Thanks much

Eddie

Hi @Eddie_Vializ ----- Thank you for the follow up and the feedback. Both are greatly appreciated! I would like to collect some logs from your iPad 4 remote and will be following up with you via PM with instructions on how to do so.

I the mean time I am in need of some clarification. You mentioned in your report that you are using a QNAP TVS471 NAS. I did some research into this product and found that there are two versions ( TVS-471-PT-4G: Dual-core Intel G3250 3.2 GHz Processor & TVS-471-i3-4G: Dual-core Intel Core i3-4150 3.5 GHz Processor), can you confirm which of these versions you are making use of in your home setup? Thanks!

-Eric

Hello Eric,
The NAS I am using is the second one you refer to. The TVS-471 Intel Dual Core i3 4G.
After responding to your request for the equipment set up I turned on the iPad to Roon and all the cover art began to load! It appears that there is a lag but if I am patient enough they will eventually appear. Don’t know why they didn’t load the 2 or 3 times I tried over a couple of days. Right now I’m trying to search for artists but only get the rectangular genre windows. I tried to respond from the iPad with the support id provided but it said “we cannot connect to our server”. I’ll try again tomorrow. I can visit websites on the internet with the iPad.