Album cover not automatically added (Local, Qobuz, Tidal)

All new albums I add to my library don’t have an album cover.
Also, roon Remote is showing “Adding music to library” is running continuously.
Also, roon Remote is showing Metadata Improver is “Paused”

This has been the case for some weeks (no hardware or software changes)

My Core machine: Intel NUC (i7, 16GB) running Arch Linux.
Roon version 1.8 (build814) stable

My collection contains albums from local hard drive, Tidal and Qobuz.
The album covers do not appear, when I add either a new album from hard drive, Tidal or Qobuz.

When I click “Edit → Identify Album → Save”, the correct album is found and the cover is shown, but this should work automatically.

Please help :slight_smile:
Thanks

that is the reason.

For me, this always happens when I use another core in between and return to the large library.

Restarting Roon or even briefly logging off and logging on again has always helped me so far.

Hi Uwe, thanks for your insight. However, I restart almost daily, but the problem persists…

Hello @Erik_Stach,

Thanks for sharing in detail how things look on your end. We’re very sorry you’ve been dealing with this for so long - we’d love to help.

Could you please let us know if, by any chance, you’re using any VPNs / VOIP systems?

If you have not done so yet, could you please change your Router’s DNS servers from the ISP provided ones to Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS?

Hello @beka,

thank you for your reply!
I am already using Cloudflare’s DNS in my router.
And I am not using any VPN or VOIP system.

Thanks
Erik

1 Like

The update to roon core which was just released (1.8 build 831 stable) solved the issue.
Finally, I have nice album covers in my albums again :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.