Album Covers and Icons Blank in Roon on MacBook Pro

Roon Core Machine

MacBook Pro (2013) MacOs 10.15.7 16GB RAM (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Google Wifi (mesh wifi) connected to Telstra Modern on NBN (National Broadband)

Connected Audio Devices

Predominantly using B&W Formation Duos

Number of Tracks in Library

None. Streaming from Tidal only at present

Description of Issue

When using the Roon app on my regular MacBook Pro 13"(2020, 32GB RAM, MacOS 13.2.1). The album covers and icons don’t appear, most noticeably in My Library. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the application but with no improvement. The apps on my iPhone and iPad work fine.

Hi @Gerard_Shutt,

Thank you for your undue demonstration of patience while the team worked through our queue to reach your report. We apologize for the long delay.

The team has attempted to pull automated diagnostic reports from your affected Core and Remote Macbooks, but the reports have so far failed to reach our server. When you have a chance, please open Roon for at least an hour on the affected devices for the logs to upload, equipping our team with more precise insight into what’s failing here.

Speaking more broadly, missing album artwork is generally the result of network security interference (firewalls filtering images) or a network snag between the Remote, Core, and content storage location.

• Do you have any antivirus software or additional network security software installed on the affected Macbook?

It’s also worth verifying that the affected Macbook is connected to the same subnet as the Core, since you mention a mesh network in your setup description.

• Do you have the Telstra in Bridge mode, or is it also functioning as a router?
  • Is your Core hardwired to a router, or connected via WiFi?

We’ll keep a close lookout for your response. Thank you!.

Latest updates seem to have solved the problem. FYI I use Intego on my Macs. All the devices, including the core (MacBook Pro), are certainly connected to the same subnet. Telstra is functioning as a router and the Core is connected by WiFi to the Google WiFi mesh along with all the other devices. I’m thinking to buy a Nucleus which would be hardwired to a Google WiFi device… but right now I can’t justify the expense as my old MacBook Pro seems to be happily working as a core in it’s semi-retirement.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.