Album Covers missed and replaced (with a potential solution)

Hello, i’m on a trial period with Roon, and one of the first problems i encountered was the missing and replaced artworks on several albums.

So i searched and found this closed topic.
But i also found out what the problem was for me, and i think it would be nice to share.

I’m using Roon on PC (Windows 10), with FLAC and MP3 files.
And apparently Roon doesn’t care of embedded cover artworks if the file format is not a JPG
I identified several problematic files and all had embedded PNG and BMP files.

This maybe should be investigated on the Roon’ side.
On users’ side, i solved this problem by replacing faulty embedded pictures by JPG ones.

Hope that helps.