Album files have disappeared from Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacBookAir7,2 using Catalina 10.15.5
Roon 1.7 (build 571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Verizon FIOS-G1100

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

NAD M50.2 WiFi
Bluesound Vault 2 Ethernet

Description Of Issue

Several album files which were previously listed have seemingly disappeared from Roon. The files are visible and fully functional in the BluOS library. I’ve reindexed and rebuilt my BluOS library; I’ve forced a re-scan of both drives in Roon; I’ve tried re-ripping the files in question. There are no weird or unusual characters in the album titles or artist names. They are not listed in the Skipped Files directory. Please help. Thank you

Have they become duplicates? What happens if you set settings > general > show hidden tracks and albums to yes?

Already was set to “show hidden tracks and albums”. Just turned it off, closed Roon, then opened Roon again, switched it to on. No change.

Hello @Stephen_Baker, and thanks for your report! Has anything changed with your watched folders? It sounds like those files used to be in Roon and have recently gone missing. If you move them to another folder and set that as a watched folder, do they come in?

No they haven’t- but a few just popped up that I hadn’t noticed that had gone missing- and now they’re gone again. FWIW, the two that reappeared and the 10+ that are missing are all by the same artists- the 2 that briefly reappeared are both Booker T and the MGs , and the 10+ are by Van der Graaf Generator. Please note that there are several other titles by these two artists that are listed and playable in the library. Thanks

SB

Hello @Stephen_Baker, could you please send me a screenshot of your watched folders in Roon and one of the filepath to these files in finder? Thanks!

Sorry but I’m not sure where to find what you’re asking for. When I Open Roon in the Finder this is what I see:

Roon settings, storage.

OK, four files/subfolders, screen shots of each attached. image image image image image

Hello @Stephen_Baker, thanks for the info! For the next step, could you please send me a timestamp of when these items disappear and/or reappear so I can enable diagnostics for your account and get all this information over to our team? Thanks!

I cannot pinpoint or provide a timestamp when it happened- I simply noticed a few weeks back that I could no longer see a particular record in my library, and then realized there were several other missing titles- but as I said, the titles in question are listed and accessible in BluOS.

Hello @Stephen_Baker, I spoke to the team and they should be able to find what they need without the timestamps, but I’ll need a few other items from you to get the ticket going for our QA team. Could you please:

1. Provide the track/artist names of the missing files
  2. Upload a copy of those files here
  3. Send me a screenshot that shows the path to these files, this can be a screenshot of them through finder while you’re uploading the tracks in the above step.

I’m going to enable diagnostics for your account so we can add that to the report. Please let me know when you’ve had a chance to upload the other items and I’ll get things over to the team!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.