Album identification removes genre assignments I’ve made inside the Roon application. To illustrate:
- Before identification:
There are three genres assigned, two from file tags and one added in Roon:
- Identification removes the genre added in Roon (“J/R/P”):
Are changes I make inside Roon supposed to get overwritten by identification?
For reference - my genre settings:
Update: I’m not sure why this is thought to be a metadata issue - or is everything what somehow affects metadata supposed to go here no matter what the cause for the issue is?
As far as I have noticed, any edits you’ve done get reverted if you go through the identification process again.
I’ve just tested this - it doesn’t seem to be the case for the genres I’ve added to unidentified albums. Those get removed and re-identify doesn’t bring it back.
Interestingly, automatic identification of previously unidentified albums didn’t cause the “clean-up”. I will keep an eye on it when the next batch of albums gets identified tomorrow. If the custom genre sticks then most is fine. If I do a forced / manual identification, it’s not much trouble to reassign a genre.
Update: Indeed genre(s) assigned manually did stick while Roon did an automatic identification in the background again.
Summary: So it’s just when an identification is forced manually only genres from file tags are kept if set so in preferences but not genres (created and) assigned inside the Roon application.
Since I do know this now and nobody else seems to have a problem with it I mark it as (self) solved.
This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.