Album identified but it does not pull Allmusic review

My album “Mourning Cloak - In Dreams You See” is recognised in Roon, but it does not pull the review which I can find on Allmusic. Any help appreciated.

1 Like

I have the same issue with 'No to disappear ’ by Daughter, I also have many other albums without reviews so will check these too.

Add Lissie - My Wild West to the list not pulling the review through.

Looking at many of my new releases it seems that none have the reviews shown at AMG. I’m guessing this is addressed in time through periodic polling of Roon’s metadata sources?

But what’s the timing of these updates ???
I’ve not received any answer on that. I’m also seeing several albums that are known to AllMusic and have reviews but are unknown/don’t have reviews in roon

[quote=“stevev1, post:5, topic:7674”]
But what’s the timing of these updates ???[/quote]Perhaps similar intervals to Tidal synchronisation? Your guess is as good as mine.

Another example:

Album “Breakin’ Away” by Al Jarreau is identified, but does not pull the Allmusic review.

Another one:

Album “Copia” by Eluvium. Allmusic review

Any word from the Roon chaps on how these updates work please and whether we should expect Roon to be in sync with Allmusic content?

Roon sources its data from Rovi, not allmusic.com, so the integration needs to be addressed there.

My album “Mourning Cloak - In Dreams You See” is recognised in Roon, but it does not pull the review which I can find on Allmusic. Any help appreciated.

We’re aware of some issues in this area. Tickets are in. It’s not a simple problem to solve–there is an unexpected structure in Rovi’s data that confuses our ingestion process for a small minority of albums. Some medium-sized changes are required to work around the issue.

Any word from the Roon chaps on how these updates work please and whether we should expect Roon to be in sync with Allmusic content?

AllMusic and Roon are both products based on a set of data managed by Rovi. They are not the same, and perfect synchronization is not to be expected. In our case, there is a lot more going on, and Rovi is not our only data source.

We receive updated data from Rovi, ingest it, and deploy it to production daily.

When browsing your library, you are browsing a local replica of the metadata for your content (this is why Roon works the same online and offline). Your Roon install updates its local replica on a ~5 day cycle. You can force content to immediately update using “Re-Identify”.

It is possible that there is some further delay on Rovi’s side that we don’t know about. I have a feeling that AllMusic gets new data faster than we do, but I haven’t found a conclusive example.

(cc @joel)

2 Likes

Well, here’s an example for you…

Let’s Eat Grandma - I, Gemini

This was released in the UK mid-June 2016.

I added it to my Roon on 17/7, and no review is showing as of 4/8/16. I did a re-identify just now.

I have checked the Naim app (also uses Rovi) and Allmusic, and they both have the same review present.

I can’t say when they were added in this case, but as I buy new music most weeks I will keep an eye out in the coming weeks and provide more examples as I come across them

Nick

I can confirm this album now has a review, but not when it was added I’m afraid

The most incomprehensible missing review in my collection:

Reidentified today, but still MIA.

@RBM Rene, the review is now in our database; if it’s still not appeared in a week, please let me know. Thanks.

1 Like

Not sure if this is the correct place but Deep Purple ‘Made In Japan’ identifies as a ‘Live in Japan’. When I search for the original Made In Japan CD, nothing matches. Chris