Album Import Missing Albums & Missing Tracks

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Sony Vaio - Windows 7 - Version 1.6 Build 416

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

NAS = Drobo FS, WiFi - Netgear

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Sonore

Description Of Issue

Album Import Missing Albums & Missing Tracks:
I have imported over 80k tracks and most albums/CD’s have been imported correctly. But I have a number of albums the import with missing tracks, the tracks are in the folder on my NAS but do not show up in Roon. I have tried: re-scanning, re-importing them, re-naming them, re-ripping the CD — nothing works. How do I fix this?

Have you tried re-identifying them and looking for a version with different track listings?

Hi @David_Haaf,

First, I’d like to point out some documentation we have that may be helpful here. In our KB we have an article about Skipped Files and an article about why some files might be missing from Roon .

If you go to Settings > Library > Skipped Files do you see any of your missing files there?

I’d like to recommend looking at a couple of specific examples of tracks that did not get imported into Roon. Are they supported files? Are they showing up in Skipped Files? If it looks like they should be importing, let me know! Screenshots of these files in their storage location would be helpful for discovering what may be happening.

Yes, no luck.

Hi Dylan,

Yes they are supported files.
No they do not show up in skipped files.

Yes they should be importing.

I have a large number of missing files but I will use this one example:

The artist is Frank Zappa - I purchased a USB thumb drive with 6 shows. Each show is in a individual folder - So I have 6 folders
There are 170 files on the Drive that I copied to my NAS drive and Roon failed to import 77 files!

I can play all 170 files manually on my MAC & PC (files on NAS > using itunes, itunes+PureMusic, foobar, media monkey, Jriver) and on my DAC with the USB thumb drive plugged directly into the DAC

Roon Skipped 2 of the 6 Folders (2 Shows) and for one folder only 6 of 28 tracks were imported

Questions:

• why did Roon skip the 2 folders and 22 tracks from a 3rd folder?
  • why did Roon not list the skipped tracks?
  • How do I get Roon to import these 2 folders and 22 tracks?

2 Screen Shots Uploaded:

Thank You,
Dave

In @dylan’s post his second link talks about “Confirming the Import” among other things. Have the missing albums/tracks turned up somewhere unexpected?

Hi @David_Haaf,

If you filter by path in the Tracks browser do you see these tracks?

No I do not see them.

No I do not see them anywhere,

Hi @David_Haaf,

Can you share one of the tracks that are not importing via a shared Dropbox link in a PM so we can take a look?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.