Album is deleted

**Core Machine **

Roon version 1.7 (build 610), RoonOS 1.0 (build 227), fw 1.0 (build 227),
Intel NUC BOXNUC8i7BEH, Crucial 8GB Single DDR4 2400 MT/S (PC4-19200) SR x8 SODIMM 260-Pin Memory - CT8G4SFS824A, Transcend 128GB Nvme PCIe Gen3 X4 MTE110S M.2 SSD Solid State Drive TS128GMTE110S, Samsung portable SSD T5 MU-PA500B for music library

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WRT1900ACS Linksys on Ethernet (CAT 5e) and WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Ethernet connected PC with USB Modi 2, WiFi KEF LSX with iPad

Description Of Issue

Using PC or iPad when music plays for 40" it stops and message comes with “Album is deleted”. Playing radio no problem

Is that for all tracks?

Hello @MIROSLAV_OLJACA, and thanks for your post. Are you seeing this behavior with local content or other endpoints?

In the beginning, the massage: “This album has been deleted. Browse Albums” was showing sporadically Most of the time it will be related to the very specific truck, HiRes. This issue started occurring progressively more and more. Mostly that will be when I was listening on my PC but not limited only to that. NUC, Ethernet to Router, Ethernet to PC, USB to DAC. If I go under “burger” – settings – Storage, it looked to me that Roon was constantly trying to re-scan database. When event occur it will start scanning over and over resetting every few seconds.

Let’s make this great product better…

Hello @MIROSLAV_OLJACA, and thanks for the screenshot! I don’t see any issues in the image, so I take it things are operating normally at this time? Next time the issue occurs, here’s what I’d like to collect:

1. Please send me a timestamp of when you notice the issue
  2. Send me a screenshot of this same storage screen while the issue occurs
  3. Let me know if all albums are exhibiting this problem or if it seems to be certain ones. Which ones?

Once we get that information down, we can enable diagnostics for your account and get a report opened with the QA team.

Sorry for ignorance, what you mean timestamp. This happens randomly. Maybe there is magic trick I do not know.

Attached is screenshot when this happens. Notice circle that starts spinning in the upper right corner.

Random albums, no specific one at this time.
Also sometime during this process it will lose connection with NUC, and I will need to power it off and on.

Hello @MIROSLAV_OLJACA, by timestamp I mean the date and time you notice the issue occurring. It would also be good to know if this is a specific folder this issue occurs with. Do you have anything set up other than the Samsung TS? Could you try setting up a watched folder at another location, temporarily disabling the above folders, and see if the issue still occurs?

Nuwriy, I follow your suggestion and copy some albums to my NAS, WD My Cloud Mirror. Despite few glitches, I did not have any more interruptions as before. To double check this morning I change source of the albums to Samsung T5 and after couple of minutes i had “This album has been deleted. Browse Albums”. Is there something in the setup that is causing this issue?

Regards
Miro

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.