Album is not displayed for an artist

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core: Roon version 1.8 (build 756) stable running on ROCK Version 1.0 (build 227) stable
App: Roon version 1.8 (build 756) stable running on macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7

Description Of Issue

I have this album in my library (ripped as ALAC):

If I click on the artist name (Dinu Lipatti) I get the overview of the artist - but the above album is missing:

Also, if I search for “Dinu Lipatti” I get results for albums and composers but no artists:

I consider this a bug, since “Dinu Lipatti” is an artist that should be listet as an artist in the search results. And my album should be listet in the artists overview.

Thank you.

Hey @Oliver_Stettner – we’re reasonably happy with Roon 1.8’s handling of classical performers (who don’t also compose) and classical composers (for whom there are no recorded performances), but we’re also aware of some issues related to people who straddle the line between composer and performer.

We’re working on some changes in this area – Dinu Lipatti is getting the pure composer treatment right now, but once we’ve completed this work we expect better handling for artists that are both classical performers and composers.

Stay tuned and thanks for letting us know!

1 Like

As a workaround I changed “Dinu Lipatti” in the artist editor “is classical composer” from YES to NO. That worked out for me.

I now see my local albums and also see the compositions under the compositions tab.

One minor annoyance though:
In order to change the “is classical composer” item, I have to first change in the artist editor the preference from “Prefer Roon” to “Edit” and chose “Yes”. Then click Save. Then enter the artist editor again and change to “No” below “Edit”.

If I do this all together, my setting is not saved and Roon again chooses “Prefer Roon”.

And still, in the long term this should be fixed on Roon’s side - I guess.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.