Album John Coltrane Blue Train - Remastered not identified

Core Machine

MacMini 2012, macOS High Sierra 10.13.6, 2,5GHz Intel Core i5, 16GB RAM

Network Details

Roon Core connected via Ethernet CAT 6 cable to UniFi 8 Switch as well as Bluesound Node is connected.

Just added the followin ablum by ripping it with XLD v153.1 on macOS Catalina 10.15.7 on my work Mac Mini i7. All files from my brand new CD are accurate just that the album is not in the roon database. Music Brainz finds it when importing. I have tried 2017 and 2018 Blue Train in the roon DB, but they all are missing the extra titles from Lush Life which are on DC as a Bonus.

John Coltrane; Blue Train
2018, Jazz Images
Original Recording Date September 15, 1957
Track 06-10 from Lush Life as Bonus Album with diff. recording date
ISBN 8 436569 192580

Best Regards
Ralph

Hello Ralph,

Apologies for the delay! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can. Thank you for reaching out to us about this wonderful Coltrane selection! Who doesn’t love to talk about Blue Train and Blue Note Records in general?!

When you encounter situations where later reissues of classic albums that feature bonus tracks aren’t automatically detected in Roon you can default to the embedded disc tagging. This is very easy to do and you can choose whether to do it on a disc by disc basis or for your entire collection.

To use the embedded tags for a single disc in your library, a good choice in this scenario, follow these steps:

• Navigate to the album in your library
  • Click the ellipsis button to the right of the play now button
  • Click Edit
  • Click the Metadata Tab
  • Select the embedded tags you would like Roon to prefer.
  • Upon doing this Roon will default to the embedded tags within the disc.
  • You can do this anytime that you would like to exercise more control over how an album appears in Roon.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 17 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.