Album no longer available in MQA

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

Hi @Dr_Dave_Barr,

That’s not much to go one, could you edit and update your post … complete the requested sections and provide more information about the issue you are having.

I know it takes a little effort but having a detailed description of the system and the issue itself is essential in order to investigate.

Hi @Dr_Dave_Barr,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Can you share details on the album that is no longer available in MQA, including a screenshot of the Album Details page?

Hey Dylan:
I was slow to realize that the issue is with Tidal. You don’t need a screen shot to figure anything out. The Rolling Stones Some Girls was available in exquisite MQA but yesterday it said the album was no longer available. (It was in cd quality). This also happened to a Neil Young release. Songs for Judy come out in MQA but after after a few days it too was only available in cd quality.
I’ve asked Tidal to explain why this happens.
Regards,
djb

1 Like

Noted, I’ve moved this topic from #support the #roon:tidal category.

If Tidal respond, let us know what their explanation is.

1 Like

This is very encouraging!!

1 Like

I have had the same issue with Willie Nelson’s latest album, “Ride Me Back Home”, about 3 months ago. Would be nice to hear it in full MQA again.

I know that. But, when this album first became available, it was MQA on TIDAL. A couple of days after it first appeared, the standard version remained, but the Masters version disappeared.

Does the MQA version still appear in the Tidal app? If not this is a Tidal issue.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.