Album quality display symbol missing [Resolved]

There was a display in the upper left corner of the album thumb which indicated CD or 44.1/24 or 48/24. How do I get this back. I have enabled “show album format in browser” with no effect.

Hi @Robert_Jackson ----- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us.

Is this display feature missing on all of your content or just an album in particular, that once had it and now is not present anymore?

-Eric

I now realize that this is only displayed on my own albums and not on Tidal albums. I was looking for a way to identify MQA albums in roon, I have now laboriously tagged all my Tidal MQA albums, in future I will tag new favorites when I add them.

At the moment I’m not using roon for my own music files because it caused trouble with several Tidal albums even though I only had a copy of one of these albums in my files. Three of the Tidal albums affected were nothing like anything in my files. When I disabled my files the missing Tidal albums re-appeared.

The Christopher Cross CD rip in my files was dominant over the Tidal MQA version so I was unable to add the MQA version to my favorites until I disabled my files.

Hi @Robert_Jackson ---- Thank you for following up with me and providing that insight, both are appreciated!

In regard to this other observation you are reporting:

“At the moment I’m not using roon for my own music files because it caused trouble with several Tidal albums even though I only had a copy of one of these albums in my files. Three of the Tidal albums affected were nothing like anything in my files. When I disabled my files the missing Tidal albums re-appeared.”

When you navigate to an album you’ve noticed this with, are you presented with the “other versions” button?

-Eric

Thanks Eric, “Other Versions” and un-hide fixed my problem. I’ve re-instated my files back into roon and all is working well.

1 Like