Album(s) on my NAS not visible in ROON

Dear support team, having a little problem with ROON.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Dedicated NUC I7 8Gb Ram 256 Samsung SSD
Roon 1.7 (build 512)
Roon OS 1.0 (build 183)
OS Version Firmware 1.0 (build 183)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Fritzbox Router
Synology NAS
Ethernet throughout, Cat 7

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Devialet Expert Pro 440 - ethernet
NAIM Unity Star - ethernet

Description Of Issue

While listening to different versions of the same albums to hear which one sound better to me and consequently deleting the version(s) I don’t like, I discovered that I was missing a certain version of an album of Miles Davis.

This one: Miles Davis - Bitches Brew (1970) [2x SACD, Japan 2007] (SACD-DSD64)

So I did a “force a resan” and ROON did find new albums/files.
Which in the first place is kind of strange to me, because it is written in the storage section of ROCK “watching for new files in real time” and secondly I am sure I did not add any new albums/files, NAS,Tidal, or having a USB drive plugged in.

How can this be, seems ROON is missing more albums/files?

That aside, I was happy because I thought ROCK/ROON had found my lost Miles album. But when I searched for it in ROON, no Bitches Brew in DSD …

Just to be sure, I copied the DSD album from the NAS on to a portable ssd and plugged it into our second/my girlfriend’s system (NAIM Unity Star) and it played flawlessly

ROON and the Devialet played and play DSD files without a hitch.

Is there a way to manually add an album to ROON?
Could you please assist me with the above issue(s)?

Thanks in advance!

Make sure the file format is supported: FAQ: What audio file formats does Roon support?

Roon also supports uncompressed DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, and DSD512 content in the DSF and DFF file formats.

FAQ: Some of my files aren’t showing up in Roon

Hello @S_Schorr, thanks for the details!

Have you checked your skipped files to see if the tracks are in there? Let me know!

Thanks BlackJack, the files are in DSD64 and I have no problems with ROON playing 64 and 128.

Hello Nuwriy,

I checked, only skipped files are 5 artwork files from 23 Jan 2020

I also found out, that ROON does not show two albums of Miles Davis in different versions (Someday my prince will come, one Japanese version 2000 and one APO master 2010) as two different version, but as different albums!? When selecting one of both albums, ROON only shows Tidal versions and not my local other version. Did I do something wrong? Can’t remember having seen this before. Meta data problem?

PS. checked with many other albums, no problems showing all the different versions of one album I have myself (NAS) So I assume there is something wrong with the data of Someday my prince will come. Just don’t know how to check or fix.

Thanks for the support.

Roon doesn’t recognize an album as a version if track counts differ (6 vs 8?):

Thanks BlackJack!
100 points :wink: Stupid of me not to check this.
But it would be nice if ROON would recognize it, being overly critical maybe … but with over 10.000 albums, this would be nice. Maybe there is something I could do about this?

Have a nice day!

Sorry but I don’t have such cases in my library so others have to comment on this.

Hello @S_Schorr,

In our KB we have an article about why some files might be missing from Roon.

I’d like to recommend looking at a couple of specific examples of tracks that did not get imported into Roon. Are they supported files? If it looks like they should be importing, let me know! Screenshots of these files in their storage location would be helpful for discovering what may be happening.

Thank you, I will read the article and do some searching. As for the question if the files are supported, yes, they are dsd 64 files, I have many of them (DSD64 - DSD128) and till now they all play. When Roon finds them :wink: Will get back to you with more info.

PS. Thank you and the ROON team for the continues development and improvement of ROON!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.