Album split upon import

Content you’re reporting an issue with

In the " … edit" option for an album you offer the following optimistic line but no instructions on how to add the missing track which was separated from the album during import. See the two screen shots for “The Remains” album by The Remains. Song 7 was separated from the album upon import. How do I go about step-by-step, adding the orphaned song 7 to the (almost) full album?

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

No

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Local file of recorded vinyl

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

This situation occurs frequently, both with data streams from LPs that I record and import and from CDs that I’ve ripped into my iTunes library.

Hi Robert,

You need to select both “albums” by right click or long press. Then select Edit under the 3 dots icon and you will see Merge Albums.

This will combine the two albums into one.

(Note, the Edit button has been moved to 3 dots icon in the article)

(@support, this should be edited in the kb)

Thank you very much! This has been bugging me for quite a while. While not intuitive, it works!

I have that happen to me sometimes - but why ? When all the tracks of an album are present in the same folder, and the album is “identified” then why should one or more tracks get separated ?

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.