Album title beginning with a date. Big problem?

Roon Core Machine

Hi all!

I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong here, or if this is really a problem with how Roon search function works?

I have a lot of live recordings that I like to set up so that the album title begins with the date it was recorded originally. Like for instance Bruce Springsteen - 1986-10-13 You Better Not Touch / Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, CA, USA. That’s how I tag the album should it have an actual title.

So, to my problem.
If I make a search for 1986-10-13 I will find almost nothing. At least not the album I’m looking for.
But if I search for You Better Not Touch that album will show up instantly.
Please have a look at the attached screenshots.

This is super annoying since I might search for an album by date quite often, and not by title at all. Or even worse if I know the date, but it doesn’t have a title at all. Then I need to know what arena it was recorded at. Which makes my mind go crazy even though I by now know tons of arenas all over the world by heart.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this an issue with how the search function actually works?

All the best from Sweden!

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

If you are looking for albums in you local library, then do not use search. Instead, go to the album section, click on the filter and type 1986.

2 Likes

Yes, that is one way to filter things. But still no answer or explanation to why the search renders zero correct matching.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.