Album versions not grouped together

mini 2012: i7 quad,16gb RAM, 250gb SSD (OS & Roon db), 4tb SSD over USB (music), macOS Catalina with all updates (only Roon core running) > dCS Rossini DAC (over RAAT) + Rossini Master Clock > Audio Note Kondo Ongaku amp > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo G2 speakers

I have a few versions of Patricia Barber’s Cafe Blue. They are all in my SSD. And they are not showing together anymore.

[Moderated]

This is what shows in the track browser (trying to figure out if you misclassified it):

Before you ask - THERE IS NOTHING BELOW OR ELSE I WOULD NOT HAVE SHOWN YOU THIS.

This is my directory structure:

And if “Show Hidden Tracks” is turned to Yes, the albums appear under Patricia Barber, ungrouped with the main album.

[Moderated]

As this is the support forum, I have stripped out unnecessary colourful language and discussion. Feel free to edit the subject of this post in case I did not extrapolate correctly.

Hi @miguelito

Thank you for getting in touch with your question. What you’re seeing is normal behavior here.

In our Help Center article FAQ: How does Roon handle multiple versions of the same album? we explain how this works and why some albums may not get grouped automatically.

Your troubles are caused by the potion I marked in red below, the track times on the albums are different.

Patricia Barber - MFSL SACD
Patricia Barber - Un-mastered

I’m uncertain which Cafe Blue pressing corresponds with Café Blue (AS) in your directory but the two I’ve linked above have mismatched track lengths. This lowers Roon’s confidence that they’re the same album. Because of this they weren’t grouped automatically.

You can find instructions of grouping them manually in the article link I posted above. It’s a simple process and will get you all fixed up.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.