Album view in playlists

Ha! Then where would we be :wink:

This is one thing that iTunes has right. Hierarchically organized manually curated playlists. Not that hard to maintain. Super efficient and effective way to browse your own music. Roon does not support that, has got that wrong.

3 Likes

Please consider offering “album view” for playlists in Roon and Qobuz.

It would make choosing an album MUCH easier if you could just see album icons. Of course being able to toggle between track view and album view would be be part of this.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Yes. Like in iTunes!

Focus on MQA format is already available.

Take a look. No need to manage a playlist for this.

I’d like to drag this request back to life. I too wish there were other ‘views’ for playlists. Lists are just so uninvolving. I’d like to see album cover view and let me choose how large/number of covers to display.

I realize that this has been brought up before but is there a reason that you cannot make a playlist with a grid view of just the album cover? The standalone Qobuz app allows this but once you are in Roon then even in Qobuz the feature is not available.

I often like to make a playlist of one performer or conductor that I like but Roon forces the track view without an option to view by album.

I have seen this request made for over 5 years. It seems simple and users are asking for it. Any chance that it can be implemented. If not then what is the reason.

I love Roon otherwise…

I know that this has been asked for many times already but nobody seems to be listening at ROON. A feature that Audirvana has and which should be a simple to implement as an added feature to the interface.
For me this is a serious missing feature that takes away convenience in using ROON.

Please consider allowing “Album View” for playlists. Alternatively create a new area under “My Library” for “Album Playlists”. It would be great to create an easy way to round up all ones favorite albums by a group or artist or orchestra and get to them quickly in one place after weeding out the ones that do not appeal. I realize that one can always do a search but this would be much more useful and user friendly.

The Qobuz standalone app allows this but that function is removed in Roon.

Thanks!

Hi all,

This request was split over many topics, I’ve merged them into the original topic.
I’ve you’d like this feature please vote in this topic so that the votes aggregate together.

Hi Carl,

I fear you may have confused things rather than clarified them by merging these topics :-/

My request is that when I add an album to a play list it added and played as a unit in album track order rather than having the individual tracks added to the list.

This is distinct (though admittedly related/orthogonal to) the other issues (view playlist by the album a track came from / show album art etc.) which you have now conflated. … and also perhaps related is the recent Spotify change (hailed by Adele) to recognise the integrity of albums.

Is there any way you could undo your change?

Best wishes,
Bruce

Well, unfortunately after just a few weeks I wont renew my subscription until the possibility to have an album view in a playlist is introduced…

I also would love to see a playlist by Album

+1 for this from me as well.

I was so glad to find this thread but also a bit frustrated. It seems this has been requested for so long and it’s still not there! I would really like this too as I have spent ages organising my favourite albums in Qobuz into “playlists” so I can find albums that fit into a certain collection for me, and the desktop Mac apps show them as albums beautifully.

I only recently explored them properly in Roon and was gutted to see the albums in each collection “playlists” spread out as tracks. Yes you can click on a track and go to the album, but in some of my “playlists” I have a lot of albums so it’s a lot of scrolling and then watching for the album artwork changing and trying to work out if that’s the one I want. So I don’t use Roon at all when I want to use this feature and revert to my Qobuz apps, but that’s a shame I can’t stay within Roon. To go through all of them and now tag them is double the work and not going there.

2 Likes

Another dissapointed lifetime user for not having this. Come on! It shouldn’t be so hard!

Did you vote at the top?

No! Will do it right now :slight_smile:

Please make this happen…

1 Like

Please vote at the top.

1 Like

BUMP! Still want this!

1 Like