Album Years in album view

Hi,

If I am looking at an artist, and scroll down to the album section, I see years listed under each album. However, when I click “View All Main Albums”, the years disappear.

Why do the years disappear? Is there an option to display this in the album view?

Thanks,
Matt

13 Likes

I was just about to post the same thing.

Can’t remember if it’s the case on the desktop app, but certainly in the iOS version:

3 Likes

I was going to post the same thing. Let me remind the developers to add this fix in the next release.

2 Likes

Hi @hgim82 – was this communicated with the developers?

This has been annoying to me for a long time and in searching just now, I found this post from 1 year ago and another from 2017 mentioning the same thing: [Year and Ratings label on All Albums view]

Again, I do not know why album year and rating was not included in all screens for all devices or why it has taken this long to sort out.

2 Likes

I thought the Roon team constantly check new postings, but let me add a thread to help them see this.

Also, when are they going to show the sound levels for Tidal/Qobuz tracks (yet another pending feature request)?

2 Likes

Adding ‘year’ to artist results from streaming services, ones not in your library, would be so useful. Will it happen?

2 Likes

This seems like a major oversight.

Is it a setting I am missing or is this still a missing feature?

1 Like

This bugs me, too.

1 Like

This definitely is useful

I would like to see this ‘display year’ option available in the album overview section too. It’s easier when you have a massive library.