Albums are no longer displayed after upgrade to 1.8 (778)

Core:
Nucleus OS Version 1.0 (build 227) stable, Roon Server Version 1.8 (build 778) stable
Music files are on the built-in SSD
Remote
iMac 2019, macOS 11.2.3, Roon 1.8 (build 778)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
iMac - Ethernet - Bonn N8 Switch – Nucleus

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Linn Selekt DSM / Ethernet

Description Of Issue
Version 778 does not display many albums from artists.
In particular, albums of artists with multi-byte name are not displayed at all.
Before build 778, albums were displayed without any problem. (and reproducible).

I basically have the same set up and problem. Under an artist page in my library many albums don’t appear. But if I search for a specific album it shows up. Makes it impossible to remember what live shows I have…Grateful Dead Dylan etc. I have to remember the dates of all those shows specifically to find them. So frustrating

Hi @ucchi

Can you share a screenshot of what you’re seeing in Roon?

Do you have a streaming service integrated into Roon?

@dylan -san
I’m using TIDAL.
Artist name is “Satellite Lovers”, I have 5 albums in storage.
The last image is the display where I clicked on the artist name. Albums are no longer displayed.

Artist streaming on Tidal (ex. Lou Reed), the problem may not occur. ???
Albums are displayed in discography.

@dylan -san
I just updated both Roon Server and Roon Remote to 1.8 (783), but this bug is not fixed.
I would like to see “known issues” listed in the release notes.

Hello @ucchi — Apologies for the ongoing trouble. This didn’t quite make it into Build 783, but this is something we are continuing to work on resolving:

Thank you for your answer.
I’ll make sure to check the referenced topic next time.

I found workaround for the following issues.

• Main albums dont’ show
  • Slow searches

“My Album” filter ensures that I don’t miss any albums, and it’s quick to search by artist name.

Searching for albums by artist name takes 7-10 seconds, but the My Album filter will show albums during typing artist name.

Fixed in 1.8(790).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.