Albums counts different in Roon database [Resolved - Albums no longer available from TIDAL]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Win10 64 v 2004

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
n/a

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
n/a

Description Of Issue
Count of albums
Why these numbers are different ?

Do you have Show Hidden Tracks And Albums enabled in Settings > General? Is there any change if you enable this?

One other thing to note is that when an album is no longer available to stream in TIDAL, this album will not appear in Roon at all. In TIDAL, the album will still appear in your collection (but you’ll be unable to play it). This can account for a difference in numbers in many cases.

Additionally, Roon > TIDAL > Favorite Albums is a list directly from TIDAL of the albums you’ve explicitly marked as a favorite. In your Roon library, this can vary.

You might have edited an album, for example, and split up the tracks into multiple albums since that is something you can do in Roon. Also, when you favorite a track in TIDAL it does not show up under “Favorite Albums”. In Roon, we create an album for that track. Even if it’s just a single track from an album, you’ll be able to navigate to that album the track is a part of in your Roon library.

I hope this helps to clarify things!

Thank you for these information.
“Show hidden…” is enabled; no duplicates; I have just synchronized Tidal.
But still more then 20 albums from my Tidal favorites cannot be seen.
May be - they are no longer available to stream in TIDAL.
I will try to identyfi these albums.
But it needs a little time :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If you identify any albums that should be showing up in Roon, and are available to stream in TIDAL, please let us know and we’ll be happy to take a look!

Yes - you are right for example this album: https://tidal.com/browse/album/77828700
is no longer available - the same like the other three I have identified.
Long live Roon! :slight_smile: It looks that Tidal database is messy maintained…

Tidal and Qobuz will lose the rights to stream an album from time to time. I would not want Roon to automatically delete those from my library lest I forget about them. I would prefer they remain in my Roon library as maybe Tidal or Qobuz will regain streaming rights in the future.

Most likely it will come back as a new album.

1 Like

Exactly this. This is why Roon is superior - it keeps a living-breathing library. It would be very annoying if a ‘missing’ album were retained in Roon and unable to be played.

I completely agree - and therefore am willing to pay for it.

Nobody here questions that. That’s why we’re here.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.