Albums Don't Delete (Plus Double Album for a Single Set of Files

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Fedora - Linux mercury 5.0.17-200.fc29.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon May 20 15:39:10 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Roon Core: Roon version 1.6 (Build 416)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

1000Base-T wired
Master library is on my Mac and I synchronize it with the Fedora server using netatalk and Chronosync - no issues for years now.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Doesn’t matter

Description Of Issue

So it starts with my version of Michael Franti’s Yell Fire! (which I ripped in iTunes and is in my iTunes Library) being mis-identified as Yell Fire! Live. It used to be properly identified. Roon does’t have the studio album in the identification list anymore so I run Picard to fully populate the metadata. This was successful. I force a scan of the iTunes folder on Roon and stilll have the live album. I edit the album and click the file metadata box. Now I have both albums with the two instances pointing to the same files. I cannot get Roon to remove the live version in my library. I delete the Live album in Roon and it deletes the files on Fedora and the album on Roon. The studio album still appears in the library… I resync Fedora with my Mac and presto the Live album is back along with the studio album.

Ok, now I delete the files on the server and make sure that both instances are deleted in Roon, clean the library to remove the entries. Now I copy the files, as identified by Picard with full metadata, back into position using Chronosync. Roon mis-identifies the album as the live album. I cannot find the studio album when I go to Edit/Identify Album.

Help!

Hi @pwright92,

Can you please send the media over to me via private message as a shared Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com link? Also, have you tried “Re-identify Album” in the album editor yet by right clicking on the album -> 3-dot drop down menu -> Edit -> Re-Identify Album? Does that change anything?

– Noris

Hi @pwright92,

Thanks for sending those files over. I have forwarded them to QA for review and once I hear back I will be sure to let you know.

– Noris

Hi @pwright92,

There was a problem here stemming from one of our metadata providers causing you to see this issue. We’ve reached out to the metadata provider and requested that they make a change here. I’ll be sure to keep you updated once we hear back from them.

Thanks,
Dylan

Brilliant, thanks. One thing I did notice was that the albums were not deleted from my catalogue when they were deleted from the filesystem. I had to delete them within Roon. I don’t delete very often and hadn’t noticed that problem. Adds work fine and music shows up in Roon right after I sync the file server with the master.

Hi @pwright92,

Our metadata provider has let us know that they have corrected this today. Please give this about a week or two to be reflected within Roon. Once you see the change on your end please mark this post as the solution.

Thanks again for your report!

1 Like

It seems good now but there is still the issue of deleted albums not being removed as described above

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.