Albums gone missing

Just noticed Qobuz swapped dozens of album versions. I just spent the last couple of days removing and readding albums to my library. I got on this morning and now there are even more missing albums. Qobuz appears to be doing some major housekeeping. I haven’t noticed a pattern, but in some cases it looks like they swapped out redbook versions for hirez versions. In other cases there appears to be no change so I don’t know why they changed versions. Anybody else notice this trend?

The most common reason is licensing. Things get licensed renewed which of course means a new version. As to why? I assume it has to do with the license contracts.

I personally expect this to happen to any and all streaming content over time. And, its not just Qobuz, same thing happens with Tidal.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m familiar with the why. I’m just surprised to see so many flipping all at once. In the couple of years I’ve had my Qobuz subscription I’ve only seen a half dozen or so album versions change. Now in short period of time several dozen have gone. Makes me appreciate my physical library.

It’s happened a lot with Qobuz over the last year. The fact Roon has no mechanism to detect this is so annoying leaving broken albums in your collection. It’s the reason I rarely add Qobuz albums to my library these days.

3 Likes

I’ve found when Qobuz albums go missing they no longer display a channel layout and are marked in Focus as “Other”. Thus, you can use Focus to find the missing Qobuz albums. At least it works for me.

2 Likes

Well noticed! This is a top tip, thanks.