Albums I add are not displaying in my list of albums

Roon Core Machine

Windows 10 (Generic Intel PC, i5-7600K, 16G RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

his is happening on my roon core PC which is also running the roon client. So no network involved.

Connected Audio Devices

I’m using a Denifrips DAC via USB.

Number of Tracks in Library

109,000 tracks, 7857 albums

Description of Issue

For months now, when I click the Heart icon next to an album Roon often seems to take forever to finish the process. Now there are some albums which I add/favorite and they don’t show up in my list of albums. Other albums I add soon after do show up. If I remove the missing albums from my library and re-add them they still don’t show up. Most, if not all of these are albums on Tidal.

Adding a heart to an album in Roon doesn’t add it to the library. You can only ‘heart’ an album that is already in your library, local or Tidal/Qobuz. It means that you mark it as a favourite.
However, when you add a heart to an album from within the Tidal app, this album os then added to the Roon library.

Adding a Tidal album to your library from within Roon is done from within the album view, with the plus button or with the three dots and then: add to library.

1 Like

Hi @Dave_Cream,

Did Arlen’s explanation help get you going or are you still having issues with adding albums? If you still need help please let us know. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.