Albums not being recognized

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

I also have a similar problem. I added DSD/DSF- and FLAC-format albums which are mostly homemade digitalization (not the commercial ones). But also some official ones. I have done this before, and albums are normally being recognized. In the last 10-15 days I added some more, and they can not be recognized and added to the library (but of course can be played).

Hey @Todor_Finkov,

I’ve split your post into a new thread, as your issue is a bit different from the previous topic. Before we’re fully able to dig in, would you be able to supply more information to your setup above? I’ve copied and pasted the info we need to your original post, so feel free to edit that and include more information.

Here is a great article on identifying tracks. Do you have different or new file tags associated with your more recent albums? We often see this happening in regards to different track lengths as well.

After importing, you can always click the edit button under the album page, then pick Identify Album. Roon will search our database and show you a couple of potential matches that weren’t quite close enough for us to use automatically.

Let me know if this helps! Thanks Todor :+1:

Roon Core Machine

OS Version 1.0 (build 227) stable; Server - Version 1.8 (build 952) stable; NUC 10i7FNHN; RAM FURY Impact SO-DDR4 8GB 2666MHz; Samsung 512GB SSD; Static IP;

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Swisscom router to Netgear Switch - A. Naim UnitiNova; B. Synology 918 server (music server); no HQP;

Connected Audio Devices

Network cable from Netgear switch to Naim UN;

Number of Tracks in Library

~145K tracks

Thank you!

Thank you again, and here are some additional details:

• Yes, I have new tracks of existing albums, and new tracks may have different lengths.
  • I manually Edit the Primary artist, Title and added the Album artist, but still, there is a pile of tracks waiting to be identified. This process most likely consumes resources. I was thinking – is there any way to skip the identification step for these tracks?
    Thank you!

Have you rebooted everything, network included?

That error is quite common and often fixed by a reboot.

Shut everything down then start each component in turn waiting until each step is complete before moving on

Worth a try …

1 Like

Hi, yes, it might be a network problem (all of a sudden :wink:
Restarting the chain did not improve the situation though

So - Yes, a network issue.
Solution - -to specify the Gateway for RoonRock.
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.