Albums on Apple Music Not Showing Up in Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Apple iMac, latest Catalina OS, Room 1.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
WiFi, via Netgear Orbi.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Room-ready Naim Nova

Description Of Issue
Some files stored in my Apple Music folder don’t seem to be making it into my Roon Core, no matter how many times I do a forced re-scan or reboot.

For example, I have a copy of Exile on Main Street (1994 CD) ripped in ALAC to my Mac (which is my Roon Core) and it just does not show up in Roon.

Is there a way to add a specific album?

Also, I am not seeing recently added Apple Music playlists - is there a way to refresh this? I thought it was automatic.

Thanks.

Hi @Gus67,

First, I’d like to point out some documentation we have that may be helpful here. In our KB we have an article about Skipped Files and an article about why some files might be missing from Roon .

If you go to Settings > Library > Skipped Files do you see any of your missing files there?

I’d like to recommend looking at a couple of specific examples of tracks that did not get imported into Roon. Are they supported files? Are they showing up in Skipped Files? If it looks like they should be importing, let me know! Screenshots of these files in their storage location would be helpful for discovering what may be happening.

Thanks. There’s nothing unusual about the file - it’s just a ripped CD that shows up fine in Apple Music. It’s a supported file and is not in Skipped Files. One additional note: newly created Apple Music playlists don’t seem to be making it across to “My Playlists” in Roon either. Happy to send any screenshots but not sure what would be helpful. Thanks for the very quick response.

Hi @Gus67,

Can you share a track from this album with us so we can take a look? You can share it in a private message via a shared Dropbox link or any other file sharing service link.

Just to verify, did you re-generate the XML file after making these changes? With the Apple Music update in Catalina, the XML file is no longer auto-updating like it was in iTunes.

Hi @Gus67,

This is importing okay on our end, we aren’t seeing the same behavior. Can you share a screenshot of Settings > Storage in Roon and a screenshot of this album in it’s storage location via Finder or File Explorer?

Hi @Gus67 — Can you try going to the Tracks browser and using filter by path? Does anything show up when you enter the path? Can you share a screenshot of that?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.