Albums on Qobuz added to library before release date

Running latest build on dedicated ROCK

The following has happened on at least three occasions now, on both the old version of roon and the new one and I can’t seem to find any reference to it elsewhere.

Say I add an album on Qobuz that isn’t technically released yet, it comes into roon and quite rightly shows the tracks as “unavailable”, so far so good.

Fast forward to release day, or in the case of the new Neil Cowley Album, several days after the release day, and roon still shows the tracks as unavailable and refuses to play.

I try syncing Qobuz, no change, I sign out of and back into qobuz, no change.

In the end I had to delete the album from my library, go find it on Qobuz again, and re-add it.

What gives? Is this a Qobuz issue or a roon issue? Qobuz shows the album fully available even when roon doesn’t.

1 Like

The tracks won’t appear in Roon until Qobuz (or TIDAL) release the information needed to stream the album. IIRC there is a thread that describes this. Sometimes Roon is provided the information ahead of the release date sometimes not.

yes but three days after the release date, when qobuz now streams the album, roon still isnt up to date.

I don’t know why you can’t play it, but I can see and play this album in Roon.

yes, removing and re-adding fixes it. But if the album was added before its release date, it doesnt seem to matter how long you wait, it keeps showing as unavailable.

So i’d like roon to comment on what is producing this behaviour.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey @David_Crosbie1,

Thanks so much for sharing with us the behavior you’ve been experiencing. And please, know I am very very sorry it took us this long to get back to you :pleading_face:

Are you still running into this, even after updating to the latest build (778)?

Hi all.

I’ve not pre ordered anything recently so it’s hard to tell you. I’m always on the latest release I can be.

I’ll have to try and find something coming soon to add and find out for you