Albums shows multiple times in "most played" sort order

How many duplicates can you find?

This seems to only appear in the “Sort by most played” screen. Albums are shown multiple times per page and between pages when browsing.

Any ideas how to prevent this behavior?

I’ve noticed this as well. Thought I was going crazy.

maybe most played is calculated by tracks, sorted by albums.

My first idea too. However some of the duplicates are singles with only one track…

Do you mean some album covers “stick” while moving to the next page? If so, I wonder if this is some sort of graphics glitch?

More like if the album is not duplicated on the same page, an album may appear on more than one page and not in the same position in the grid.

And it is not limited to one or a few specific albums as far as I can observe. Question is if my DB is corrupted or if it’s a general issue…

OK, so it’s not a graphics glitch then. And I’m not seeing it in my collection. I also notice something odd in your screenshot: “2415 of 2055” - er, wot? Perhaps your database is indeed corrupted in some fashion.

Hi @Joachim_Fishman ----- Thank you for the report and sharing this observation with us! The feedback is very appreciated!

Moving forward, to help aide in our understanding of this behavior you have noted, may I very kindly ask you for the following:

• A brief but accurate description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

• Please provide screenshots of the following:

• Your “storage” tab
    • The album details page for a “primary” album and it’s “duplicate”.

Furthermore, I have enabled diagnostics on your account so we can have a closer look into this behavior for you. What this action will do is the next time Roon is active on your core a machine a diagnostics report will automatically be generated/uploaded directly to our servers. Once it arrives I will be sure to touch base again so you know we have it :microscope:

Thanks!
-Eric

Hi @eric, thanks for checking in on a weekend. Appreciated. Screen shots below to describe setup.

Core on NUC running Win10 Pro, Client on Win10 pro Lenovo X1, core i7, 8GB.

My library is on a NAS and Tidal. Seems like it’s only Tidal albums having this issue, NAS albums is unaffected. Leads me to think sync issue with Tidal. As I use the Tidal client on my phone for listening a good place to start is checking how albums favourited in tidal is transferred to Roon and what happens when the same album is favourited again in Roon. My memory does not serve me well at times… :laughing:

Some duplicates on this page, albums with red “circle” is also displayed on next page when browsing.

Top row

Third row

Bottom row

Core is always on, client is on now and a few hrs more. Feel free to harvest logs. Tell me if you need additional info.

Thanks, Joachim

Yes, and the overview page says I have 2193 albums… :thinking:

Hey @Joachim_Fishman,

I wanted to reach out because I’ve been keeping an eye on our servers, waiting for the aforementioned diagnostics report.

For some reason it is not reaching our servers, even after I tried re-enabling diagnostics on your account. I also ran a quick test and I was able to submit a similar report from my setup here, so something else is going on.

So we can move forward, I was hoping for now you could use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link. We will need logs from your Core machine.

Thanks!
Dylan

Hi Dylan,

Link sent in a PM.

Thanks, Joachim

1 Like

Thanks, @Joachim_Fishman!

The logs have been downloaded to our side. I’ll pass them along to the technical team for analysis. I’ll be sure to reach out and update you when I’ve received feedback from the team.

Regards,
Dylan

Hi @dylan

This issue resolved itself. I can no longer duplicate the issue and all albums are now displaying as a single instance on the “most played” screens.

Thanks for looking into the issue and please feedback if you need further info from me on this subject.

Kind regards, Joachim

1 Like