All roon library data corrupted

I have install roon core in a old iMac for trial, success and thousands of album show up and running.
I borrow a Lumin u1 and connected in my network, somehow roon can’t recognise it so I try to reboot the computer to see whether it work.
My iMac hang during boot up and I need to resume everything from time machine.
When I open the roon and try to use, I find all the library data lost, it still link to my storage but no album show. I try to uninstall and reinstall but still cannot solve the problem.
Anyone can give some advise?

Don’t know what the original problem was, but you can not use Time Machine to restore the Roon library. It won’t work, as you have found out.

You must use Roon’s Backup and Restore logic found in Settings==>Backups.

thank you your advise, before I do the back up, is there any method for me to clean reinstall Roon core?
I have try reinstall the roon core (delete from Apps, clean the trash then reinstall) but it keep going back to same problem.

I have follow some previous link here and delete every folder in library and re install the roon core, now it start to collect the data from my NAS, hope everything will be smooth.

1 Like

Hi @Tommy_Ng

As Slim mentioned above, we recommend against using Time Machine for Roon backups.

To start fresh, you can do the following:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder

After this you can restore a backup.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you, will do

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.