Roon Core Machine

Nucleus s/n 54B2038CFD45

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Xfinity fiber optic - hard wired Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Chord Qutest

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Cannot connect to core. No audio devices found message.Tried all updates and reinstalling software on nucleus - then I get “Failed to Load Device State (Status 0) - Please Refresh

What happens next - are you guys going to contact me via email? Thx

Hi @Anthony_Shefferd,

Thank you for your patience. We run a bit behind in responding to cases but do our best to triage certain situations like yours (being down!).

I have enabled diagnostics on your account and I am seeing DB corruption in the form of fragmented records as well as the connectivity issue you described.

It may be necessary to get medieval on the problem here. Hopefully, you’ve got some solid backups from around the timeframes prior to the issues manifesting.

Here are our instructions on handling DB corruption. I’m also going to have you rename the RAAT folder when you’re looking at the Nucleus file structure.

• Create a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Stop RoonServer from running in Nucleus’s WebUI
  • Navigate to your Nucleus’ Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Find the folder that says “RAATServer”
  • Rename the “RAATServer” folder to “RAATServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new Database
  • On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Core” and connect to the new database

Try and verify whether or not things are corrected prior to restoring any backups and let me know how things go for you.

Wes

Hi Wes, thanks for the response.
Although my Nucleus is visible from the Web UI, I cannot see it in Windows Explorer so I’m unable to complete your instructions. Do you provide any type of remote support so you can get into my setup?

It might be a while before @Wes can get back to you.

You can get to the necesssary directories by setting up a share in Explorer.

I don’t have a Nucleus. I use ROCK, but here’s how my Share looks -

The address is the address you use to get to the Web GUI.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.