All tracks on my playlists are unavailable after update on 1.8

Hi,

After update to Roon 1.8, 90 % of my tracks on all playlists have the message unavailable and for the tags, i lost 95 % of them. I move all my albums from a QNAP to an Apple Mac, after that, i restore a backup.

I restore a backup 3 times and i have the same problem.
When i add the same track on a playlist, there is no problem.

I show the clean library screen and i have 322423 tracks that can be deleted, what’s wrong ?
Can you help me please ?

Thanks.

Will

Hi @Wilfrid_Russodivito

Can you share a screenshot of Settings > Storage?

Hi,
Here the screen shot.
Thanks.
Wilfrid

Hi Dylan,

Can you reply me please, i don’t want to recreate each playlist.

Thanks.

Wilfrid

Dylan,

I have a lot of problems with Roon 1.8, i can’t wait anymore.

Wilfrid

What do you do ?

Do you intend to answer me one day?

Hi @Wilfrid_Russodivito

Apologies for the delay! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

Was there any change at all to your NAS storage?

Do you have a backup from before this occurred? If so can you try restoring the backup and let us know if that helps?

Hi Dylan,

You’re welcome.

Yes, the only change before and after is that i move all my flacs files from a Qnap to an Apple server and i have several Roon’s back-up of the Roon’s library on the Qnap but i don’t want to restore this back-up because i will lost all the changes on the Roon’s library in my Apple server.

I think the problem is that the files’s path on my playlists and tags are always set to my qnap path and not updated to my Apple server.
How i do to update all wrong paths ?

I’m a software developer.

Wilfrid

Hi @Wilfrid_Russodivito

First, let’s take a look at an example from one of the playlists. In the iTunes XML file there should be a relative path listed for tracks. If the XML file moved along with the files, and the folder structure didn’t change, this path should still work. For one example file, is the path listed in the XML still accurate?

When this move happened, did you have both paths active in Roon at the same time at any point? As we note in our Help Center, it is important to remove the existing path before adding the new one.

It’s possible that the paths are correct but the migration process didn’t occur correctly, and if that is the case restoring a backup would be the best option.

Hi Dylan,

As i said several times, i launch 4 times a backup and still not working.

Tell me where can i find this xml and i will change myself all wrong paths.

Wilfrid

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Always no reply…

Please accept our apologies for missing your previous reply, @Wilfrid_Russodivito.

The XML file location varies — When you export it from iTunes, you choose where it is located.

Tell me where can i update the wrong path files in your database.