Allo Boss V1.2 Info

Hi,
yes the USBridge alu case will also be available.
thanks

Hi,
yes its the same caseā€¦ just keep in mind that the case has the opening for the typeC USB on the side, a connector that the boss doesnā€™t use.
not a bog deal, but i rather say it.

Andre @ALLO_audio_boards

Thanks for the reply.

Does the new case also have a standard PSU connection, including a USB-C, or is it only a USB-C opening?

I see the new Boss 1.2 is now showing as available on the Allo website. Also now comes with DietPi preloaded (never had that option before :+1: )

Can you supply an Australian adaptor for your 5V PSU?

Also canā€™t see any of your DACā€™s with headphone output. I thought your BOSS V1.0 did have headphone out, but canā€™t see it with the new V1.2

Sorry for all the questions, but tried to use the contact form on the Allo website, but it keeps saying ā€œAll Fields Requiredā€ when trying to send, but all info fields have been completed.

Thanks
John

PS Have a great Xmas / New year

The originial Boss does not have a headphone out.

V1.2 with improved features.

THD+N was improved by +1.5db
Clocks were changed to the latest from NDK NZ2520SDA with better jitter specs (http://www.ndk.com/en/products/search/clock/1190972_1433.html)
Extra SMD film capacitor in the analog stage for better mid/hi frequency details
Ability to feed power to the Boss only using a Type C USB (3A!!) connector or Boss + RPI from uUSB (or RPI) or Type C USB (on Boss)

Shipping now.

Enjoy.

@Celts88
sorry the BOSS series doesnā€™t have a headphone output.
the new case has all the openings required.
so you can feed power to the RPI alone (feeds the BOSS) to the BOSS alone (feeds RPI) or to both.
please see powering instructions attached.
we dont have an Australian adapter, sorry for thatā€¦ but i will look into it.
i will also check the contact form online, thanks for bringing it up to my attention.

questions are good! you ask, we answer and the community learns!

All the best for this holiday season to you and all the rest of the members!

1 Like

Iā€™ve literally just ordered a Boss Dac with acrylic case. Been holding off ordering a Boss after reading about a alu case on the volumio forums last April, before I was a roon user I must add :kissing_heart: Do donā€™t think it was ever going to happen and then I stumble across this thread.

Iā€™ve sent allo a message asking how far away the alu case is, as Iā€™m happy to hold off, assuming it isnt too long!

Iā€™ve been waiting long enough :joy:

Iā€™m looking forward to hearing the difference between the Boss and my current pi/iqaudio digi+ and a firestone audio spitfire mk2 dac.

Hi guys, i m new here. I am Antonio, I m italian and i have some problem with english, so SORRY if i will not talk so good!
I have Allo Boss DAc and I m using it wiht raspberry 3 and it works very good. But now i would like to build a case and i have 3 questions for you:

1 - Can i connect the dac not over the raspberry but with a ribbon cable?! Itā€™s just a problem of physical spaces, but if it s not possible i ll buy 2 rca socket and it will be the same.

2 - I readed ALLOBOSS can work in slave too, but what is the difference between master and slave?!?!

3 - The difference to give separated power supply to raspberry and dac?!

Really thank to everyone will answer me!!

Antonio

Hi team-

iā€™ve got a 5V / 1.5A LPS around that is currently not in use.
Is that sufficient to individually power the BOSS?
Iā€™ll set the jumper off and use some other power source for the RPi, since I know this above mentioned supply doesnā€™t have the juice.

-Steve

Plenty of power. You need about 100-150ma for the Boss.