Allo DigiOne board

Hi Luciano

What PSU are you using ? DSD to PCM click,thats independent of DigiOne its the way it was implemented in the DAC ic.

Hi Rik

Usualy what you describe can happen if there is noise on the ground. DigiOne is sensitive to any noise present in the grounds of the devices connected to the RCA/BNC .

What AMP is connected to your DAC ?

Can you send the logs ?

Hi @allo.com thanks for your reply.
Iā€™m using a Ifi IPower 5V,

About the logs iā€™ll send them ASAP

Thank you very much!

Ifi psu should be fineā€¦however just for to make sure change the PSU (at least 2.5A)

1 Like

Hi @allo.com,
Sorry to ask again but any news from alu case ?

On Monday I will have some news.

Interesting. I havenā€™t had this happen since Iā€™ve changed the case that the RPi is in (if such a thing should make a difference). This was 2 days ago. I have it connected to a chord Mojo. Volumio is using WiFi.

Case should not make a differenceā€¦however RPI wifi is not recommended for audio .I would suggest changing to a network connection or at least a better wifi dongle.

1 Like

Completely agree ref: WiFi. Iā€™m awaiting delivery of a 6m ethernet cable :slight_smile:

I previously had the Digione/volumio hooked up to my AV receiver and I had the problem there too. I will report back if the problem recurs.

I was using an ethernet cable connection and recently switched to a wifi dongle that sits at a distance and is connected using a simple 2 ā‚¬ 1. 5 meter USB extension cable. Connection is trouble free in my home and I cannot say I hear any difference in SQ. I could not run an ethernet cable through my living room and was previously using a power line network adapter which always had problems.

1 Like

I installed the DigiOne on a Rpi3 running DietPi RoonBridge, powered by ifi iPower 5V, 48 hours ago. Compared to my Macā€™s USB-connected Musical Fidelity V-LINK II, this board has a wider and more clearly defined soundstage, with more ā€œairā€, but lacks some of the solid bottom end that Iā€™m accustomed to. Both are fed into coax SPDIF inputs on an all-digital Meridian surround system. The new Allo output is directly connected, while the USB chain uses Uptone and ifi conditioning.

Next, Iā€™ll move my iPurifier to the DigiOne output and listen some more.

I agree the bottom end is lacking.

Is there any news on the alu case now?

Checking with suplier

Hi Brad, are you using the BNC connector or RCA output? When I purchased a new Coax cable from Audio Sensibility (The Statement SE) BNC to RCA, going BNC out made an additional jump up in performance. Also, powering the Pi and Allo Digi from a good linear supply made another noticeable jump up in performance - especially in the base department. If you want the best SPDIF out from this board you must use the BNC connector. My LPS is the

Uptone Audio LPS 1

Thanks, Lou. I am using a Meridian RCA to RCA digital cable for an endpoint that has cost less than $200 total. Your top-of-the-line cable and PS suggestions would add another $700, so I wonder if there arenā€™t great sounding, but less expensive, alternatives.

Point taken, Iā€™ve done a couple of tests back and forth to some of the other devices I have laying around:

• Micro Rendu with same UA Power supply and Wireworld Plat USB cable
  • PS AUdio BRIDGE II

Initially this Allo DigiOne was for a cheap experiment, but the geek in me wanted to see how far I could take it. I currently think that IME the Allo Digi One via BNC Coax is the best sounding digital source. I am going to keep the Micro Rendu as I can use it in another systemā€¦ The Coax just has a slightly more organic, and wider sound-stage.

fritzg - I see that we are both using iPower, and wonder if that has anything to do with bass performance.

Interesting video review by @HBz