Allo DigiOne board

@allo.com This appears to be the problem I am having as well. Ugh. I don’t solder. How can this get fixed?

I am also having a problem now. Only just started in the past couple of days. I just walked by it and it stopped playing… I am in Canada and it is getting cold here, so the static in our houses goes up as the humidity drops. Johan or Andre, what should I do? Email from your website?

Thanks.

Can you link to the document? I cannot find it on the allo.com website under DigiOne’s support tab.

Will digione sounds better than CDP / CDT+dac ? Since I don’t have a CDP/CDT, but some people say CD better than lossless files.

That alu case is awesome!

Contact us we will exchange

How to remove the choke if you have static or ground problems.

This is the mod for external power. Note this using external PSU will also take care of static and ground issues.

I have spent a little time listening to the Digione and comparing it to my NUC with a Sbooster LPS and the Schiit Eitr USB-SPDIF converter. I used an iFi iPower to feed the Digione and the cables (ethernet/USB/SPDIF) are Audioquest Vodka/Carbon.

My impression is that they are pretty close but the Digione has a better overall balance: voices and instruments are better defined and the bass is tighter. Also it seems that the Digione has a lower noise floor than the NUC/Eitr combo because it was a lot quieter which really put the focus on the music. It really impressed me.

I will try to exchange my Sbooster for a 5v version because the Digione will stay in my setup for a while. At least until that unscratchable itch returns. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I am using a Teddy Pardo with my Digione and Ropiee. Best sound I have had to date. Very happy with the combo and even with a nice BNC cable I am still sub $1000. It easy beat my Bryston BDP-1 which is now sold. Audiophilleo sold. Regen sold.

I almost went with a microRendu, but my dac sounds better with BNC then USB.

For now, I am very happy. Cheap to stay up to date on the digital front end with Allo. If I ever replace my dac in the future and want to use USB, I like that I can switch over to the USBridge and call it a day! Allo has my loyalty for life!

2 Likes

A source for the resistors would be helpful, even just a link to the part on Mouser or another vendor. Cheers.

Hi Bill

we appreciate your business and kind words…

Even a wire will work…anything to short the pads…if you use R chose a 0 ohm

2 Likes

Hi John. This is a very old post, but still unanswered. So if it’s still helpful to you: get the Boss DAC. Allo sells it as a complete unit with Raspberry Pi, case, psu, and card. It sounds very good. You will still need to install Roon bridge on it, but there are good resources in these forums and elsewhere to get that going, and if you opt for the DietPi Linux distribution on the Pi, it’s very easy to set up.

I know there are other boards with built in headphone amps that may sound good, but I’m not familiar with them. But I can say that, for me, the Boss sounds better than the built in Sabre DAC in my Peachtree integrated. For the price, you could add a Schiit Magni 3 and SYS for headphone use and be very happy for not too much money.

Cheers,
Bob

Ok. Thanks. But my problem seems to have been resolved, for now, with the Roon 1.4 update.

1 Like

While waiting for the Alu case to become available, here’s how I keep the DigiOne dust free and enjoy the sweetest sound possible…

2 Likes

@allo.com, what is is difference between version 1.1 and 1.2?

The replacement board I received (1.2) does not seem to have the mod, as I guess the Canadian distributor did not have any. But the good news is so far it seems to be working. Hopefully it will continue!

How do you remove the DC-DC converter without damaging the board?
Is it possible to replace the DC-DC converter again afterwards to get the DigiOne in the original condition as delivered from the factory?
I assume a dedicated PSU for the DigiOne only will improve the sound quality?
The thought that you could further improve the DigiOne is really exciting! :grinning:

I also have this problem where the DigiOne seems to stop working. It happens if I touch the RPI or any other component that is connected to it.

The behaviour in Roon is that I can see the device, I select Play but nothing happens and Roon skips to the next track after a couple of seconds. Roon seems to get stuck trying to play each track, fails and then skips.

The answer is upthread.

@orgel @allo.com

I don’t think this is the answer since an airplay zone continues to work with DigiOne-Pi. The problem for me is limited to RoonBridge.