Allo USBridge board

@Mike_Ormerod
as per the results this dac not supports DSD native, only supports DoP mode, max DSD128 in DoP mode.

Hi @rahulkc_s,

Are you replying to me or @Mike_Ormerod?

I double checked my Arcam irDAC-II and I understand it will do DSD128 although I am not sure whether the Digione will.

to Mike_Ormerod

@tahsu
Digione supports up to DSD64 in DoP mode , did you verified DSD64 ?

Hi @rahulkc_s,

Thanks for the quick reply - I had set the Digione and DAC up as you suggested however when I press play, I only get silence unfortunately.

Ok, Thanks for checking.

A post was split to a new topic: USB DAC can’t be selected in dietpi-config

Have not read the whole thread…

• Any way to turn off the bright LED lights?

• When will aluminum cases be back in stock?

Rob.

Somebody have make some optimisation like these :
CPU on Powersave / 720 min/max
All Roon processes on core 0&1.
All others on 2&3.
Avec DietPi-Process_tool -> cores 0 & 1 in SCHED_RR schedule policy (real time)

I was in the allo launcher today and noticed an update available to take my USBridge up to V6.25.3. However once I go in via putty and start the update it hangs part way through. Saying something like the Desired setting in dietpi already set. Does anyone else have this issue? Any thoughts @Dan_Knight?

Edit - I managed to go back to a back-up thankfully and its working again. Although this did involve moving kit to do a manual reboot. Annoying.

Lifesaver. Thanks.

Is Allo USBridge still a product? Can I get an aluminum case for it? I have been going to the site periodically and it is always out of stock.

Thanks,
Rob.

Sadly the alu case isn’t produced anymore. Not sure about the USBridge itself. Ask Allo?

1 Like

New version of USBridge will be available in 2-3 weeks.

1 Like

Seems to be missing from their website which was why I asked…

@Steve_Horne Source? (Cannot find info about it at allo.com)

Source is an email I received after inquiring at sales@allo.com

@Steve_Horne Good news!
Hope they will pick up production of these alu-boxes again. I have one but a colleague really wants one…

1 Like

USBridge Signature is a whole new product, as far as I can tell from information gleaned in this thread https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vendor-s-bazaar/337859-shanti-dual-lps-5v-3a-5v-1-5a-46.html, Allo will not manufacture any new aluminium cases for the discontinued old USBridge.

New USBridge Sig: https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attachments/vendor-s-bazaar/776944d1566557581-shanti-dual-lps-5v-3a-5v-1-5a-usb2-pdf which Allo are hoping to release towards the end of September.

3 Likes

Very interesting and good news for @RobOK too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am very interested in one of these, perhaps powered by their new Shanti PSU. I need to read some reviews first. I would like to know it works with HQPlayer too.

1 Like