Allo USBridge board

Hi Johan,
Can you also suggest a psu which is ideal for powering USB Bridge with the J28 jumper off? Is there something that Allo manufactures? Uptone LPS 1 is a great option but quite expensive. I’m looking for a PSU which is cheaper than the USB Bridge, but gives a great bang for the buck !

We are in the process of designing one…but its at least 2 months away.

Meanwhile Ifi 5v its a good option

Okay Johan @allo.com
It’s a while since I paste 50 hours :smile:.
Okay I’m listening and playing music, for testing hifi products and of corse for my own pleasure 10 to 15 hours each day :grinning:.
Now I’m not familiar with Linux at all, so I wait for the GUI version :+1:.
But testing it properly before you release it, so nothing goes wrong!
I maybe need to buying a new one, if something makes so it doesn’t sounds as great as mine do :grinning:.
Yeah check what atm7059_link is, but there are 3 USB ports out from Sparky! So it can be Sparky’s but it would be nice to be able to use them, if I or someone else would do it :+1:.

I wish you and your family a great weekend Johan,
All the best Anders

Thanks. I’d rather wait for yours. I assume it will be a much better value for money than Ifi Power.

Hi @Gurpreet_Kohli

Ifi 5V are absolutely great and enough sonor use them to microrendu and ultrarendu! Check Small Green Computers! Sorry Johan and Allo but I choosed your products :+1:. They have ifi 5v or 9v adapters to all I mention before!
So take Johan’s and my advice and buying a ifi 5V PSU! Okay?

What exactly needs to burn in?

1 Like

I’m curious about this too. Digital chips don’t change their behavior over time and nothing is being converted to an analog signal.

@allo.com I’ve had a couple of puzzling incidents with rate changes on my USBridge with DietPi as a Roon endpoint where the USBridge became unresponsive to Roon. On the first one a couple of days ago, I power-cycled the USBbridge, and ssh-ed into it. I noticed there was a DietPi update, downloaded it, rebooted, and the device started responding to Roon again. Today, the situation got more drastic, I could not get the USBridge to behave properly after it got confused with a rate change (from 48/24 to 44.1/16). Ended up having copy the the DietPi image posted yesterday on the eMMC card (BTW, it would be nice to have Mac instructions for copying the image; this is not so much for me, I know my way around /dev and dd, but for non-*ix folks). On startup, I had a functional USBridge again, and just in case I asked Roon to add a 5s delay on rate changes.

Please do not use any of the updates on the images we are providing. I am not quite sure if its the right update.

Our team is focused on solving the known bugs .

Frankly I am not sure on why we observe this behavior…ceramic capacitors and components on board are not supposed to require burn in. Practically though , we do find a SQ improvements after a few days.

To make sure we understand your instructions: we should only install the images you supply for download, but not any DietPi online updates. Correct?

I will check with Dan and update you.

Hi @RobOK
What exactly needs to burn in?

Johan @allo.com have wright, after a while the sound changes!

I have heard it so often on all kinds of products through the years, so it’s almost been a “phrase and a thing company’s, distributors, resellers and the people behind the disks, from your local hifi store to the big hifi/high-end stores”!
Just saying automatically about everything related to sound :grinning:.
One close friend to me, that have a little company in USA and making speakers and all kinds of cables. “Anders it’s not so much of “burning” in products, it’s more that the product shall getting used to your sound system/equipment and vice verse”!
He’s my friend/mentor and I think that it’s a great explanation of the word “burn in”!
Because I’m sure that the all have noticed that after awhile, so does hifi products started to sound better and better than it did when we connected it, or? Speakers, amps, dac’s have run many hours of the manufacture before it leaves them to the stores, so if they “needs to burn in” are they it already when they buy it and connected it!

Best regards,
Anders

Hi Anders ,

we appreciate your feedback and suggestions. We are continuously working and fixing bugs. MPD , Shairport etc.

Regarding the alu box , please note that we never gave a date for releasing them. Unfortunately its our of our hands , when manufacturer is ready we will start production.

Hi Fernando ,

we will release the v156 in a few days, please wait for that.

1 Like

Hi Johan @allo.com

I know that you are doing a great work and I’m pleased with your products :+1:.
Sorry for taking up the Alu Box, I now that it’s out of your hands!
And depending on the manufacturer also that no date for them, has been given. So keep up your great work.

A great fan of all Allo products.

All the best,
Anders

V156 is being released, you can update direct from dietpi. MPD bug fixed.

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B7nTqeZwMML1U0o2WGRGdF81RUU&&export=download

Auto update will be available latter today

@allo.com You just mentioned “auto-update”. I’m still on ver 154. And the process of taking out the eMMC and etching a version sounds complicated. So, please do tell more on how an auto update is possible.

SSH to your Sparky and use the command dietpi-update