Allo USBridge board

Shairport Sync Unresolved Issue

One issue i observe is if i don’t start playing Shairport immediately after bootup, the Dietpi option in Airplay disappears.

So, please reboot and select Dietpi quickly to play your music using Airplay. If you wait for more than 2-3 mins, this option disappears and you will have to reboot again.

Thanks @allo.com and @Gurpreet_Kohli

I can’t coming into the DietPi?
I wrote my ip and click enter a window open and asks for “root”
When the dietpi but the dot or rectangular doesn’t move when I try to write dietpi?

What shall I do???

We are investigating .

Hi Johan @allo.com

Why does I get into the Linux or whatever!
And a new window open and asking for my xxxxx=root
When it’s asking for my password =dietpi
But I can’t type dietpi or anything?

I have done it once before but now it doesn’t work?
And everyone says that Linux is the best!

Hi Anders ,

I am not quite sure , will check with our team.

v156 released, users can update with:
dietpi-update

Well Johan @allo.com

What’s nice it’s have coming.
But since I don’t can get in SSH :rofl:.
So doesn’t it helps me much, or?
Version 156 is the one with new GUI and some other Great Stuff.
And I’m shout out, have exit denied :no_good_man: etc…from SSH!
Life’s funny when I started to recovering from my sickness in pneumonia for over 7 months, life’s kicking back!
It’s like, isn’t I’m sick and dying in cancer that I was fighting against between August 2012-June 2016.
When cell poison treatment for almost 12 weeks and when I started feeling better after that, well the pneumonia came :crazy_face:!
But the most important thing is, I’m Alive and my dear Allo USBridge works perfectly, with or without any Air Play and Updated Versions :notes::man_dancing:.

All the best Johan and I wish you and your family a great weekend,
Your friend Anders

That’s typical from linux.
When you type your password, you don’t see anything, not even the ******* you usually see at windows.
When you ssh into the USBridge with dietpi installed the default username is root and the password is dietpi
When you type dietpi for the password you won’t see any text, just the rectangle staying there. Ignore it, just type dietpi and press enter. You should then be logged in and placed in the command line.

1 Like

Thanks @Skywatcher

It was exactly as you said :+1:.
So now I’m updated and Air Play is on, but I can’t play music from my iPhone even if I have it on Air Play DietPi?
It’s coming up a few small windows in my iPhone, what my Air Play speaker is occupied etc!
I don’t have any Air Play speakers :smile: I hope that I or someone else could play music, to the USBridge/Sparky!

Hi @allo.com @Gurpreet_Kohli

I have successfully updated to version 156.
Thanks to @Skywatcher

Also my Air Play DietPi is up in Roon and my iPad/iPhone, but I can’t play anything to my equipment?
A few messages comes up in the different devices that my Air Player is occupied…
Any suggestions that I shall do?

Best
Anders

Thanks for all help
Anders

Hi Johan @allo.com and Andre @ALLO_audio_boards

I have updated to version 156 with help from @Skywatcher.
I have also successfully installed Air Play with help from @Gurpreet_Kohli and @allo.com.
But I can’t play Air Play from my iPhone/iPad to my USBridge and Sparky!
A window open in my iPhone and says that the Air Play is occupied?
I have connected my USB ports on a different way, the clean one in USBridge goes to my MQA DAC.
When have I cleaned the two USB ports in Sparky with a Entreq earth/grounding Box and a cable from that Box, with a USB connection into Sparky (USB 3.0) port! So I use the other two USB ports in Sparky that siting over the USBridge USB port! Because they are as clean as the one in the USBridge! To my other DAC who I play TIDAL and DSD music with it goes true a ifi micro iUSB3.0 and a ifi Gemini USB cable one for music and the other for power!
It’s working and sounds incredible Great!
I don’t know how Sparky’s USB ports now how to getting the music to my second DAC, but it’s doing it Great :+1:.
But can this make Sparky to refuse play Air Play?
I would be happy if you could check out it for me, and if it’s only needs to remove one of Sparky’s USB connection so that it’s not having anything connected to it? Or if I have to remove all 3 USB ports on Sparky to be able to use Air Play?

All the best,
Anders

@allo.com I’m still struggling with Shairport. It disconnects if i stop a song even for a few seconds and requires a reboot to appear again. Is there a fix coming soon? I suspect it is again due to the Shairport-sync conf file - i can fool around and see if adding a few lines from main conf file help, but this is all guesswork.

Also, if i plug an SD card with Volumio image, will Volumio work or will Dietpi (on eMMC) get loaded? Is there a way to give preference in settings? Thanks.

Hello Gurpeet

I am also adding @Dan_Knight

Basically what we need is the fallowing :slight_smile:

For us to investigate this issue, we’ll need to obtain a bug report from you, please can you do the following:

• Replicate the issue, so that the system can log it
  • Please submit the bug report by running the following command:
    dietpi-bugreport

When the bug report is sent, please reply with the generated unique reference code ID, provided at the end of the bug report.

Hi Anders

our team is off in the weekend , we will check and reply Monday.

Thanks. I’ll send the report later today.

I did try something which worked. I currently use a range extender to connect to my USBridge(Sparky) through its LAN port. I tried connecting directly to my modem/router in the other room. I connected the Sparky LAN port to my modem+router and used Shairport. This time i had no drops and I could even switch back and forth between Roon and Shaiport easily. Nothing dropped.

So, it appears that when i connect the USBridge to a range extender, the connection doesn’t remain for long and drops easily.

@allo.com @Dan_Knight Here is the bug report id.

Hi,

Thanks for sending the report.

All appears to be in order, no errors in the logs, and we can see the shairport-sync process is running correctly.

As the shairport-sync process is running, we also need to check the status of the shairport-sync service, after the loss of AirPlay occurs.

Please paste results (or picture):

systemctl status shairport-sync -l

As the issue only occurs when using the range extender, we must consider it is not offering the network stability required for the device/shairport-sync to function.

Is this a mains ethernet extender? If so, they are prone to interference, and, at the mercy of electrical cabling quality throughout the house.

Hi Dan @Dan_Knight
I have the same problem!
But it’s not internet related, I get up DietPi as Air Play in both my iPhone/IPad and it’s starting to connect!
But when a message comes up in the device, This is occupied by other things? I have the Allo USBridge and Sparky with DietPi the last 156 version and I have obviously opened the port for Air Play.
But the difference between me and @Gurpreet_Kohli so can’t I play music for a few seconds!
I’m a total idiot/newbie on DietPi/Linux…
But with great help from both @Gurpreet_Kohli and @allo.com
With we’re pedagogical instructions so have I been able to get into SSH and made the update and open the Air Play port.
But it would be nice to be able to use the Air Play function.

All the best Anders

In order to play with airplay (shairport sync) squezelite has to be disabled or uninstalled.

Better wait for the new GUI version you will be able chose one or the other by clicking on it.