Allo USBridge board

Hi Johan @allo.com

Thanks for your answer to the problem :+1:.
(You Got Mail!)

Best
Anders

Hi @allo.com @Dan_Knight and @Gurpreet_Kohli
This is hilarious funny :smile:.
Now have the idiot/newbie (myself) not you Proā€™s!
Succeeded to uninstall squezelite Iā€™m proud over myself :man_dancing:.
My iPhone/IPad is connection to ā€œSparkyā€ itā€™s my Air Play name for it.
Itā€™s playing :joy: but no sound comes!
Have you checked with other Air Play device what come up in the list on Roon?
Before had I sound in my Apple TV and sometimes Iā€™m jocke with my son, because his receiver also comes up as a Air Play!
But I have no sound playing to my Apple TV and the worst thing is that I canā€™t scare my son anymore!
So itā€™s all Air Play device at my home at least!
For me itā€™s not something necessary thing, on the music side!!!
But, I want to have my things to work! When itā€™s not sure that Iā€™m using it, But I want it to work, okay :ok_hand:.
So Dan and Johan, you are the genius on this kind of issues, so please fix it so I can get inner peace and satisfaction :pray:.
Best,
Anders

In a Roon environment why on earth would you even have squeezelite installed?

Hi @Tony_Reimann
I presume that you asking that question to @allo.com Johan!
But of curiosity, wasnā€™t it possible to connect to squeezelite or was it squeezebox.
In earlier versions of Roon?

Yes I was replying to Allo but in answer to your question it is possible to connect to squeezeboxes in Roon. But given that Roon can connect to USBridge natively, via Roon bridge, why would you run Squeezelite, which emulates a squeezebox? It makes no sense in the Roon environment.

Okej, now I get it.
Thanks for your explanation.

Hi Johan @allo.com

How does it going with Air Play to USBridge/Sparky?
It would be nice to have it working!

Best
Anders

Iā€™m using U.S. Bridge to the usb port on my Kef LS50W.
This is how I configured it. I assume this is correct but Also please confirm.

What happened to the auto updater?
This does not mount on my Mac.

I also face some issues with Shairport off and on. There is sometimes this error message - Airplay device is in use - cannot connect".

In such cases, i usually reboot the device. Or just type this command - systemctl restart shairport-sync - after you login into USBridge using SSH. It restarts Shairport and i am able to make the connection with my Iphone again.

I am now using the Wifi dongle (from Allo website) to connect to my Home wifi. It is smoother and see fewer issues than when i was using a range extender and an Ethernet cable.

I can connect and playing music from my iPhone!
But itā€™s not coming any sound, when I use the Air Play???

@Gurpreet_Kohli
I couldnā€™t get in with SSH to change the up sample!
That you gave to me, I mean the Linux comand!
Can you please check so itā€™s was exactly written, itā€™s easy to miss something.

So please write and explain carefully because Iā€™m a newbie :grinning:

@Anders_Strengberg Iā€™m no expert either - Iā€™ve just read here and there and just about know some basics.

I do recall editing a file to make my Chord Mojo DAC the default one in ALSA. Maybe, its the same issue in your case. Shairport is picking up another device to playback rather than the DAC you want.

So, please check which is the first DAC when you type at the command prompt:

aplay -l

That is a lowercase L just preceded by a short dash - (minus sign).

If it is not the DAC you want to play through, then the ALSA config file has to be edited. I donā€™t recall the file, but will search out once you check out the output of aplay command.

@allo.com Johan, will the GUI version of Dietpi fix issues related to selection of DACs?

yeap thats correct

hmmm thats a good question , I will have to check with @Dan_Knight

Hi,

Both dietpi-config and the web GUI have an option to select USB-DAC.

Once selected, DietPi will then auto detect the USB DAC on system and set asound.conf accordingly. Please ensure the USB DAC is connected (and powered up if required), prior to selecting soundcard, else it will fail to detect and set asound.conf.

Hi @Gurpreet_Kohli
Thanks :pray: for your help with Air Play, I have two DACā€™s and I have tried with the ā€œwrongā€ one.
So when I changed so came the music :notes:

Hi @Dan_Knight
I have tried this but itā€™s only able to Air Play through one of my two DACā€™s?

Hi Johan @allo.com
I have feeding both the USBridge and Sparky with power.
The J28 jumper is removed but, of a mistake didnā€™t I connect the power to sparky only to the USBridge and itā€™s enough?
Itā€™s even sounds better than when I was feeding both with power, doesnā€™t the J28 jumper sitting on to get power from only the USBridge, or?

Best
Anders

Hi Anders

Jumper is there to make sure that only the ground is connected when you have 2 PSUs. However if you feed the USBridge it will work for both , if you feed only Sparky it will not.