Allo USBridge board

Thanks for a tip.

However, it would require the dissasembly of the Sparky USBridge as it is closed in a case. I wanted to save myself the trouble :slight_smile: and ask around if it is possible to change the boot order by editing some configuration files in Volumio.

Unfortunately, if you want to change OS then you have to. I ditched the eMMC since the microSD can be removed without disassembly (acrylic case)

Is that really the case? I know that some models of USBridge are set to boot first from microSD, if the microSD card is detected in the port upon power-up. There is no BIOS on the device (correct?), so it would seem that the boot order depends on some settings in the operating system.

refer below link
On volumio OS first boot is eMMC , on Dietpi OS first boot device is Micro SD card.
to change this priority need to reload the bootloader.bin

2 Likes

Thank you.

I followed the instructions (added sudo in front of the commands) and USBridge booted from microSD card successfully!

1 Like

Hey, does anyone else have a problem installing Tunein Radio on Usb bridge with Volumio? I downloaded Radio Paradise but TUnein plugin always comes back with an error message.

I have an Allo digione and Tunein Radio installed just fine.

Sorry if this was adressed before butā€¦ is the UsBridge under dietPi HID volume control capable ?

My USBridge isnā€™t stable for 24/192 with throughput of 26-39 Mbps from the HQPlayer/NAA. What sort fo bandwidth are you guys seeing for that stream? I have a Squeezbox Touch configured at the same location with 54Mbps-g and it is working just fine as a Roon endpoint up to 24/192. Frankly, quite irritating since it works at 24/96. Sort of defeats the whole purpose of the USBridge. Iā€™m using a Airport Express (1st gen-n) as a bridge from an Airport extreme. I gotta think there is a 811.ac dongle that works with a Sparky.

RPi wifi is seldom up to spec and if you want any degree of decent stable connectivity I strongly suggest you do LAN.

Airports are not exactly up there eitherā€¦I dumped all mine for proper gear but the RPi issue is still going to haunt you.

Can someone tell me how to terminal in to Sparky on the USBridge? It looks like there is a driver available for a small ac dongle I bought.

The USBridge runs DietPi, so you should be able to SSH in using ā€œrootā€ as the userid, and ā€œdietpiā€ as the password.

I opened a terminal window on my Mac and thied that But I assume I am not in the right directory. I havenā€™t worked with command line since the Digital Workstations in college.

Sorry, Iā€™m a Windows user, and use Putty. Someone else might be able to point you in the right direction

1 Like

In terminal type

ssh root@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Where xxx is the IP address then for DietPi the password will be dietpi

1 Like

I just ordered one of these bad boys today to replace my HifiBerry Digi + pi unit. Looking forward to seeing if it brings an improvement.

Got the HifiBerry Digi+ over a PI3B before. USBridge clearly outperforming it on any of the DACs Iā€™ve tried itā€¦ Let us know !

Iā€™ve had terrible luck getting two different usb wifi dongles to be recognized by sparky. I bought the second one because it listed linux support and I was of the understanding that sparky could use a couple TPlink dongles plug and play; this is an AC600 or Archer T2UH. I enabled wifi on the sparly with terminal but it doesnā€™t recognize the radio. I have the driver folder downloaded and on a usb stick plugged into sparky. I dont seem to be able to access any of the compile commands or access the usb drive. This is so frustrating. Has anynoen here configured their sparly for wifi with one of the TP link modems?

I received my USBrdge yesterday and have it connected to Arcam irDacii, Wow itā€™s leagues ahead of my old HifiBerry Digi +. Just upgraded the USB to a Chord C-Stream and its upped it some more. Awaiting my LPS now to power both stages cant wait to see if elevates it some. Great little box.

2 Likes

What LPS are you going to use?

Itā€™s just a Chinese import from that famous auction site nothing fancy.

1 Like